Post Production Engineer - Capitol Christian Music Group
Universal Music GroupBrentwood, CA
Full Time Job
Under The Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
This role provides live and studio support to Internal clients at CCMG and our Artist Roster.
• Manage & engineer in-house audio mastering & editing of specified projects for Capitol CMG’s full roster, requests from A&R, Radio, Marketing, Motown Gospel, and CCMG’s back-catalog.
• Deliver all masters on-time per release schedule.
• Manage audio master turn-ins with A&R admin (multi-tracks, printed mixes, and singles) receiving, verifying, cross-communicating, archiving, and retrievals.
• Engineer live audio production (FOH & monitors) internally and approved off-site events.
• Facilitate A/V presentation for internal Capitol CMG meetings/events in conference rooms with a/v technical support.
• Provide support as needed to maintain the on-site digital and Iron Mountain media vaults with secure documentation and storage of CMG’s audio assets.
• Archive audio masters assets digital vault system with redundancy in conjunction with CCMG IT department.
• Provide general audio assistance building-wide.
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Manage multiple tasks in a fast paced, ever changing environment while producing excellent results with limited supervision.
• Organized, detail oriented and self-starter.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate technical issues in clear, everyday language.
• Recording, mixing, editing and mastering on relevant platforms such as WaveLab, Protools 12, Logic-X
• Proficient in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, FileMaker Pro, PowerPoint, ProPresenter, Box Enterprise, WamNet, Studio CDN, and others
• Live sound engineering FOH & monitors to a critical listening audience.
• Ability to adapt to new digital console formats.
• Equivalent 3-5 Years experience as either an Assistant Recording or Live Sound Engineer and/or a in a recording studio/multi-media environment.
• Apple Certification MFiT and other streaming codecs as needed
• Working knowledge of vinyl mastering
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.