Playlist & Streaming Marketing Manager
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Strategic Marketing (USM) is responsible for the companies' Global catalogue, compilations, audio-visual and Licensing businesses for all our labels excluding Classical, whom we also work closely with. A dynamic, forward thinking team we ensure territories achieve
optimum revenue opportunities and deliver support to markets on a Global level. At USM you are expected to be an innovator in your field, flexible in complementing and inputting into areas across the division and the wider business.
You'll be working with a world-class team who are passionate about what they do - and we expect no less from you. You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. People who meet us tend to comment on our energy, and the passion we have for what we're doing. We hope it's infectious! At such a fast moving area you'll find opportunities rather than boundaries in every single role.
The Streaming & Playlist Marketing Manager is a newly role created to meet the challenges & opportunities of the playlisting environment across the music & entertainment business. This exciting role will focus on maximizing our marketing & commercial reach whilst developing & shaping our agreed playlisting strategies. The role requires a strong focus for growing UMG's streaming models utilizing the many ways we can connect consumers with our vast catalogues.
Your role will include being responsible for content decisions by crunching large data sets, analyzing the results, and gaining insight across Label Relations, Artist Services, Licensing and Content Operations within the group. It is a role that requires strong communication skills across the various central, territory teams at USM as well as other parts of the UMG business.
Streaming and subscription based music models now account for one third of our catalogue revenues and it is growing. We are focused on providing the right music for every moment. We connect vast numbers of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. Your insights & recommendations will ensure that we can execute initiatives that will help drive our KPI's to success.
• Identifying marketing & commercial opportunities for the creation & marketing of playlists, playlist brands & streaming with a focus
of driving UMGI market share
• Using insights, analytics & consumer insights to inform effective playlisting initiatives, marketing & commercial decisions
• Detailed analysis to understand the complexities of playlist behaviours across all consumer types
• Devise creative marketing strategies growing UMG market share across all streaming platforms
• Work closely with USM teams identifying growth areas and react to analytics & consumer demand
• Manage & allocate ad inventory to maximise effective playlisting opportunities
• Analyse & share the effects of marketing initiatives responding quickly to changes required
• Devise & implement initiatives to grow premium user bases, converting users from ad funded access
• Create basic advertising assets (banners, HPTOs and radio ads) & traffic assets to media partners
• Working closely with digital account leads to maximise opportunities across business partners
• Work with brand partner teams to develop new playlist opportunities
• Develop & integrate robust social strategies to grow playlist engagement & market share
• Liaising with global stakeholder teams, label teams and Artist Management representatives to grow playlisting to set KPI's.
• Identify new ways to market & grow UMG existing & new playlist brands including uDiscoverMusic & Digster
• Work closely with UMG account managers to leverage opportunities across our business partners
• Learn & share best practices across USM teams
• A passion for all a wide range of music genres & styles including new release & catalogue
• Solid marketing experience within demonstrable experience of streaming and subscription services
• Proven experience in marketing practices growing & acquiring audiences
• Credible worker, able to work with numerous stakeholders.
• Ability to work with a global team understanding local cultural differences
• Self-motivated and conscientious
• Good understanding of consumer insights & segmentation practices
• Comfortable using data & analytics to inform key decisions
• Very good communication skills
• A good knowledge of Universal's catalogue repertoire would be an advantage
• A second European language also advantageous
• Good understanding of A&R & product development
• Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite (CS6)
• A good understanding of metadata & digital supply chain processes
• Advanced Excel user
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.