Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2016 5:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Platform Architect jobs in Woodland Hills-CA
Search all Platform Architect postings
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group is looking for an experienced solution architect, intimate with the latest techniques and tools to lead from the front, setting standards, tools and best practices across our IT development teams and helping to source or build UMG's future systems. In addition, you will be experienced in working with data schemas and search indexing systems as UMG moves to a data-driven, service-orientated and API-led platform landscape. . Working within the Application Design group and reporting to the VP Application Design & Build, you will be working alongside architecture colleagues, responsible for capturing, communicating and analysing our as-is and to-be IT landscape, as well as other solution architects, responsible for defining the appropriate end-to-end solutions to fit new business needs. As part of your role, you may be asked to contribute to the high-level strategy for these solutions when they are in-house developed.
You will be responsible for defining Enterprise data schemas and helping teams to implement those schemas across various in-flight projects. You will also be responsible for defining how we use our search platform (currently ElasticSearch) to provide an aggregated index into the various data schemas that exist across individual applications.
You will work closely with the Build teams to define the tools, patterns and best practices for Agile development. You will work closely with our Enterprise Architecture team to identify the preferred software stack for the future, manage the lifecycle of software platforms in active use, identify any risks around end-of-life platforms and propose potential rationalisation plans to move us away from those end-of-life platforms.
o Understand current data schemas produced by applications teams
o Implement enterprise data schemas
o Propose consolidation and aggregation of data schemas
o Define patterns for using our search platform to expose consolidated, aggregated and combined data views
o Identify and document tools, patterns and best practices for software development
o Identify and document our preferred software stacks
o Manage the lifecycle of software stacks, identifying risks and proposing rationalisation plans
• Solutions rd
o Identify and assess 3 party solutions and their fit within UMG's IT landscape
o Propose strategic roadmap and direction for key areas of our IT landscape
• Lead PoC / tech spike work where appropriate
• Play the design authority role on projects
• Confident technical leader – able to foster collaboration and design conformance across diverse technical teams
• Excellent communicator – can translate technical details for business users and business requirements for technical teams
• Exposure to music industry, or even related media industry, data and asset management practices is a huge plus, in particular familiarity with messaging and identification standards such as DDEX, ISRC, ISWC, ICPN/UPC and ISNI
• Strong data modelling / design skills, in particular XML schema design, and familiarity with EAI messaging patterns
• Confident with working with infrastructure and operations teams on the physical implementation
• Experience with Amazon and Azure cloud platforms
• Experience with audio / video asset management platforms
• Experience of DDEX
• .NET, Java, Mulesoft
• Experience with agile project and engineering practices like continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Experience with designing robust and scalable ETL processes and ingestion pipelines
• Experience with 'NoSQL' style search services and document databases such as SOLR, Elastic Search, Mark Logic, RavenDB, MongoDB, etc.
• A background in designing and delivering solutions that combine relational, non-relational and semi structured data sources.
• 10 years of experience.
• Experience in delivering solutions in the music, audio/visual or related media industries being desirable to the JD.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.