Planning Analyst, Catalog
Universal Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are a leading Consumer Products Company in the Media and Entertainment Sector. We produce, distribute and promote the most acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment product to delight and entertain fans around the world. The specific group is responsible for managing the end-to-end Supply Chain to set up, manufacture and distribute time sensitive media product to a very demanding retail and consumer market.
The Planning Analyst is responsible for all production-related activities within the team concentrating on the Catalog Life Cycle of Media related products. The product configurations will vary and include Compact Disc, DVD, BD and Vinyl Records. This position is also responsible for the monitoring of inventory planning processes.
This position will analyze, account and sku specific data to improve forecast accuracy, coordinate item and BOM set-ups, and will track the critical path for assigned accounts and procure inventory depending on account requirements. This position will also participate in forecast consensus reviews, account specific meetings, and periodic forecast accuracy and inventory review sessions.
The Analyst is responsible for ensuring that all activities required to support daily and ongoing client supply needs are executed for all Catalog Items:
• Inventory Planning: Monitoring of catalog packaged media finished goods inventory levels to ensure appropriate levels of supply to fulfil forecasted sales orders within defined service levels (SLAs). Activities include accountability for perpetual inventory balances, insuring component inventory availability, managing multiple distribution centers and ensuring that supply satisfies current and expected demand. It also includes evaluating excess inventory, ordering destruction of obsolete goods, reworking of non-saleable goods and monitoring returns processing. Troubleshooting inventory imbalances and adjustments will also be part the day to day responsibilities.
• Procurement: Creating Purchase Orders and monitor timely delivery of product to Distribution centers to fulfil demand in the most cost effective manner.
• Item Setup: Set-up and maintain Master Data for all catalog Items. This includes: setting up finished goods and component items, bills of material, manufacturing instructions, cost types, cost components and rate cards.
Forecasting and Demand Planning
• Demand Planning: Monitoring and analyzing SKU level POS and Shipment performance date for all phases of a product's life cycle including replenishment, promotions, resets, and catalog; collaboration with Sales, Sales Planning, and Marketing to assist with gathering promotional and reset information in order to improve forecast accuracy, and product availability.
Vendor Relationship and Customer Service
• The Analyst supports Customer and Vendor relationships, including issue resolution management, status briefings, performance management, KPI’s, communication optimization, and process/procedure development.
Process Improvement, Documentation and Training
• The Analyst evaluates current systems and processes, recommending enhancements and modifications to management. Develop, evaluate, document, and improve department / inter-department processes and implement recommendations.
Operational and KPI Reporting
• Maintenance and utilization of reports and performance indicators to be used by the department managers. They must provide planned and ad hoc reporting as scheduled and/or requested. Develop and provide materials that may be used in presentations to Platform client departments (Sales, Marketing, Production), and/or customers.
• Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions based upon data and execute transactions driving real results
• Ability to apply learned forecast analytics.
• Demonstrates experience in extracting and segmenting data to facilitate data analysis.
• Demonstrated skills and abilities to analyse and inventory data and make reasonable recommendations
• Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful.
• Working knowledge of Supply Chain analytical concepts
• Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Expresses written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way
• Embraces teamwork; shares ideas/methods to improve performance
Time Management Skills
• Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized to meet commitment and productivity standards
• Can manage multiple projects and priorities
• Develops well thought out action plans
• Manages timelines; deals effectively with the challenges of a fast pace, high pressure environment
Other Required Skills
• Takes ownership and responsibility for work progress
• Is a highly detail oriented individual
• Takes independent action and works autonomously
• Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities
• General understanding of manufacturing, and supply chain operations
• Analytical, data driven approach
• Service delivery orientation
• End to end supply chain services/process orientation
• Positive mindset, attitude and behavior
• Embraces and drives change in alignment with an ever changing business environment
• Ability to recognize, identify, and react to industry trends
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio)
• 1-2 years of experience preferred in a production forecasting, or a planning role with a particular emphasis on forecasting, demand planning, production planning, replenishment, inventory planning, analysis, and modeling
• Experience in consumer products, wholesale, retail, or manufacturing environment with a large SKU/product base is preferred
• Familiarity with planogramming and product assortment
• Demand analyst or inventory planning experience preferred
• Demand Planning and/or procurement system experience preferred
• BA/BS in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business, or related field; or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.