Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/25/2016 4:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Paralegal/Administrative Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Paralegal/Administrative Assistant postings
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Paralegal/Administrative Assistant in our New York office. The person in this position will provide the dual functions of administrative assistant and paralegal support to two litigation attorneys in the Business and Legal Affairs Department.
• Take the lead role in the editing of a comprehensive quarterly report of all legal matters affecting the company, and liaising with
other attorneys and departments worldwide for updates on pending matters.
• Liaise with IT, office services and other internal personnel to resolve day-to-day issues and handle administrative matters
• Answer phones, manage calendars, handle expenses, and book travel
• Support the policing of piracy and infringement by monitoring the Internet for unauthorized exploitation, drafting Cease and Desist letters, and providing evidence of copyright ownership, including collecting chain of title documentation
• Assist in responding to discovery requests/subpoenas, liens, levies, and garnishment orders
• Research claims asserted against company
• Review and summarize contracts
• Collect and analyze information
• Maintain an organized and up-to-date filing system for litigations and claims
• Create physical and electronic files; search and retrieve files on an ongoing basis
• Draft and send letters and other routine correspondence
• Other duties as assigned by supervisors
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; extremely detail-oriented
• Exhibits professional demeanour and sound judgment
• Follows up on delegated assignments through completion
• Self-starter, who takes initiative and is resourceful; takes ownership of tasks and projects
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize; works well under pressure
• Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
• Excellent typing and computer skills, including in Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Prior paralegal experience or interest in litigation is a plus
• Foreign language proficiency is a plus
• BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.