Operations & Sales Analyst
Universal Music GroupCarrollton, TX
Full Time Job
FirstCom Music is a leading publisher of production music. We license the synchronization rights for background music to the Film & TV Broadcast Industry, Production Facilities and Advertising Agencies, Corporate producers, and Cable/TV networks. Our music can be heard daily in radio commercials, television shows, and in blockbuster trailers and movies.
Founded in the 1980’s, FirstCom Music quickly evolved from a broadcast services company specializing in commercial image and radio ID packages to one of the world’s best known and largest music publishing and production companies. FirstCom Music’s aggressive growth in music licensing started with the launch of the world’s first production music library on CD in 1985.
Today, FirstCom offers advanced music delivery solutions, multiple audio formats, and a continued dedication to delivering trending music designed for editors, music supervisors, producers and content creators around the world. To provide the highest quality production music we partner with Grammy and Academy Award winning artists, singer-songwriters, film score composers and major league session players of all kinds.
We currently produce, represent, and license music for over 183,000 copyrights.
The purpose of the Operations & Sales Analyst is to assist the Vice-President/General Manager with collection, analysis and reporting of sales related data in an on-going effort to increase overall sales productivity. To manage the timely and accurate transmittal of information between Universal Music and FirstCom executives and vendors including. To oversee building operations needs for the safety, convenience and comfort of all employees.
The Operations & Sales Analyst reports directly to the Vice President/General Manager.
The Operations & Sales Analyst will control a portion of the administrative budget and to negotiate contracts with event vendors.
• Maintain and Coordinate all building operations and building operations expenditures per approved business plan.
• Expense Reports: reconcile receipts and prepare report in Universal Music software for VP/General Manager, National Sales Manager and Account Executives.
• Plan and book travel for VP/General Manager, National Sales Manager and Account Executives.
• Collect, analyze, evaluate and report data in order to increase sales productivity.
• Collect sales records & trends and evaluate performance measured against sales goals.
• Assist Management in developing and reviewing the sales and admin budget and rolling sales forecast including sales to budget variance analysis.
• Guide sales people (Account Executives) in entering an accurate forecast in our CRM tool, generate reports for forecast, and collaborate forecasts into weekly-monthly reports.
• Communicate sales reporting and sales forecasting to Senior Management by providing in-depth analysis and recommendations.
• Analyze results and setup reports containing respective conclusions, ideas and general guidance.
• Provide customized reporting and recommendations in support of ongoing business decisions or initiatives.
• Ensure correct and future data and software requirements are met to provide accurate decision support to the business.
• Policy and Procedures: modify and maintain manuals for Sales and Sales Support.
• Act as liaison between Dallas and Universal Music office, IT, Accounts Payable, and Building Operations issues.
• Back-up duties: Office / Sales Support Administrator (as needed), Contract Administrator (as needed), Inventory Specialist (as needed) and Client Relations (as needed).
• Microsoft Certified - Computer skills, including but not limited to an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, CRM, the Internet and other Company specific programs.
• Ability to perform complex analysis such as regression, forecasting, cannibalization and probability modeling.
• Ability to capture and document business and reporting requirements from multiple sources.
• Attention to detail; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work amid distractions and interruptions.
• Highly developed problem solving and decision making ability.
• Possess good customer service abilities, polite and courteous manner, cooperative attitude, team oriented.
• Ability to be flexible, adapt to changing needs/objectives and multi-task.
• Ability to work with very little supervision.
• Ability to communicate, both written and verbal and understand English; with the ability to convey complex information to a broad audience.
• Excellent group presentation skills.
• Maintain a professional appearance and appropriate behavior during all work hours as well as business meetings/functions.
• Minimum of 5 years-experience as a Sales Analyst and/or Operations Analyst.
• University Diploma/College Degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent 5 to 7 years in a related field.
The Operations & Sales Analyst will work at least 8 hours a day (with 1 hour for lunch) Monday-Friday) times to be determined by management. The Operations & Sales Analyst will spend many hours at a desk, computer terminal or on the telephone. The Operations & Sales Analyst moves throughout the building assisting the Vice-President/General Manager. Will maintain and ensure a harassment-free and an equal employment opportunity environment.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.