Marketing Innovation Manager
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Director, Marketing Innovation, the Manager, will have responsibility for creating and delivering global innovative digital initiatives.
Working with the Digital Marketing team at UMG, who are passionate about delivering out of the box initiatives, the Marketing Innovation manager will have the opportunity to produce some of the most high profile, innovative digital initiatives worldwide.
The Marketing Innovation Manager is a creative – brainstorming new out-of-the-box ideas role; part-producer – ensuring the perfect execution, part commercial – relying on consumer insight and can spot commercial opportunities, part evangelist - able to influence and excite
others in the organization with your ideas and results. It will ensure that we are at the leading edge digital marketing and have an unhealthy
obsession with digital, social media, technology and know-how to marry this up with creative marketing.
• Creating (coding, designing) new tools for UMG labels and artists that can be scaled.
• Experience or knowledge in programming interfaces or experiences for web and mobile
• Meeting with new partners (platforms, designers, games, etc) and working on creating opportunities for UMG within those platforms.
• Creating training modules for digital knowledge to be scaled and utilised by UMG teams around the world.
• Supporting the SVP, Digital Marketing Innovation in the delivery of global digital marketing innovation.
• Build industry leading music marketing innovation models using early-stage development process
• Successfully launch and develop these music marketing innovation models and artists driven campaigns that deliver ROI and prove the commercial case for scaling across the business
• Establish a framework based on consumer insight and digital analytics within which to create engaging and innovative marketing concepts
• Evangelise and partner across the entire marketing organisation and non-marketing functions to drive compelling marketing experiences across relevant channels that can be monetised via direct sales and new rev streams such as brand sponsorship
• Stay on top of marketing trends and campaigns inside and outside of the immediate competitive circle
• Integrate successful campaigns models into the daily business and manage transfer or ownership into the business
• Develop and motivate various teams internationally to be future-thinking and inspired as a requisite part of being a growing, leading digital media /music company
• Evangelist of new technology, recognise and stimulate unconventional ideas with high potential impact and seek out what other great innovative companies are doing and the results they achieve.
• You are future-thinking but maintain a balance between being ahead of the curve and knowing when the timing is right to execute new initiatives and align your ideas with what make sense for the business; you view Innovation as a means to an end
• Creative and analytical thinker with a track record of identifying and executing successful campaigns and innovative products.
• Expert understanding of consumer technology, knowledge and hand-on experience using web based technology.
• High achiever, self-motivated with a discerning eye for the next-big thing
• Experience and ability to sell your ideas and integrate them into business-as- usual
Proficient with web development and web design including: Basic understanding and practical experience of:
• Video editing on Adobe Premier Pro or equivalent software
• Graphic design on Adobe Photoshop
• Creation of content for the web via HTML, PHP & JS programming
• Knowledge or experience in coding of mobile applications
• Knowledge and experience using social media platform
• Knowledge of the mobile digital landscape
• Expertise in using Microsoft Office applications
• Strong proven commercial acumen.
• Highly creative & innovative.
• Digital expert and evangelist.
• Results oriented.
• Exceptional presentation skills.
• Highly analytical.
• Influencer & Relationship-builder.
• Able to engage with internal and external stakeholders
• Resilient & tenacious
• Fast thinking, hard working.
• Ability to act on initiative.
• A love of music.
• We are looking for a digital native who will have lived and breathed innovation /marketing your entire career and can point to multiple instances of how you've successfully launched, developed and integrated new marketing models and initiatives into the business
• Demonstrable track record in a Digital Marketing role within a music / digital content or entertainment business.
• Experience in finding and building on the intersection of marketing, innovation, technology and creativity.
• Experience of working across multiple time zones (some travel may be required)
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.