Manager, Streaming - Capitol Christian Music Group
Universal Music GroupBrentwood, CA
Full Time Job
Under The Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
This role exists to to maximize marketing, positioning and placement of our key albums and singles, while hitting or exceeding monthly and yearly revenue objectives by effectively promoting our artists, products and programs to all assigned digital partners while balancing the needs of the consumer and assessing the competitive landscape.
• Manage day-to-day relationships with assigned digital partners by providing tools & data, new promotional and positioning ideas, identifying and sharing trends and highlighting priority artists/albums/EP’s and singles.
• Be the passionate advocate for our artists’ music with streaming partner.
• Achieve or exceed monthly and yearly sales objectives by effectively promoting Capitol CMG artists, products, and programs.
• Proactively engage CCMG labels to develop, implement, and review overall strategy for each release through assigned partners.
• Identify and exploit new opportunities to increase consumption.
• Secure features and develop relationships with online partners.
• Serve as the primary CCMG contact for assigned Universal Music Group salespeople and assigned partners, building and maintaining a strong relationship to ensure strategic and operational alignment.
• Provide regular and timely feedback to leadership team concerning trends, digital partner changes, opportunities, product performance, successes and missed opportunities, and other relevant information concerning market conditions.
• Educate and influence assigned digital partners on the Christian/Gospel genre consumer and specific CCMG artist’s fans by leveraging consumer research insights.
• Troubleshoot delivery issues and identify new product opportunities to increase revenues through working knowledge of the UMG digital supply chain.
• Assess and analyze success of partner promotions via performance review and consumer and account response to insure increased performance on future promotions.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Knowledge: Must have full and complete knowledge and understanding of digital service providers such as Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora and others.
• Skills: Must have strong communication and relational skills to be able to win and influence people.
• Abilities: Must be excellent communicator, problem solver and quick to adapt to a changing environment.
• Understanding of digital music and publishing fundamentals.
• Proven time management and project management skills to facilitate meeting deadlines.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum three years of experience in digital music sales and/or marketing.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.