Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
The Manager, Finance position will be primarily responsible for financial analysis and decision support for the North American headquarters. This position will prepare analysis and modelling in support of the 5-year strategic plan, digital deals, revenue guidance and litigation support. The position will also be involved in the monthly consolidation, quarterly financial forecast/annual operating plan processes as needed and perform project analyses and other ad hoc analyses as required.
• Review and analysis of Digital Agreements.
• Participate in the annual revenue guidance process for the North American territory.
• Track divisional performance against targets for annual bonuses.
• Manage documentation process and financial analysis in support of copyright infringement and any other legal matters as needed.
• Participate in quarterly financial forecast and annual planning processes as needed for UMG.
• Evaluate recoup ability of artist investments.
• Enhance and modify models and reporting as needed.
• Provide ad hoc analyses as required.
• Demonstrable proficiency in the use of Excel and PowerPoint with an emphasis on complex modelling, graphing and visual presentation.
• Experience with accounting and financial applications software; Hyperion Financial Management/Smartview Reporting, SAP and BPC planning experience/knowledge preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to establish quick rapport with people across the business
• Minimum 4-6 years of financial planning & analysis, strategic planning, accounting and/or audit experience is required
• Music/entertainment industry experience highly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree qualified (specific to business, finance or accounting)
• CPA/MBA preferred but not required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.