Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking a talented and dedicated professional for a Finance Manager role in our Commercial Services department. This position is responsible for the month-end close, building the annual plan and periodic forecasts, and providing financial support to all department heads. This position interacts with all levels of UMG management, as well as with the finance and operational employees of the US Labels, Legal, Royalties and external distributed labels. This position reports to the VP Controller and will have one direct report.
• Review monthly financials for accuracy including Balance Sheet, P&L & Cash Flow
• Prepare variance analysis for Corporate and Business Unit management
• Manage the annual plan process
• Prepare periodic forecasts
• Work closely with all departments within Commercial Services to monitor overhead spend
• Supervise/mentor Senior Financial Analyst
• Special projects, analysis and presentations as required
• Minimum of 5 years of finance and accounting experience with progressive responsibilities
• Proficiency in the use of Excel, accounting and financial applications software; Hyperion Financial Management, SAP and BPC planning experience/knowledge preferred
• Management of direct reports
• Entertainment industry experience a plus
• Bachelor Degree with a major in Finance or Accounting
• CPA/MBA preferred but not required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.