Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2016 5:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager, Finance jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Finance postings
Full Time Job
A. Job Summary:
The Finance Manager position is responsible for various aspects of financial planning and analysis for an entertainment company and will act as liaison between Finance, Accounting, Commerce and Business Affairs departments, prepare and analyze forecast and actual results, perform project analyses and other ad hoc analyses as required. This position will support three labels within the East Coast Label Group.
B. Job Functions:
• Drive performance and completion of the quarterly corporate financial forecasts, internal monthly forecast and annual plans, as well as support elements of monthly financial close.
• Identify and analyze variances to budget and forecast with thorough understanding of drivers and outliers.
• Prepare and assist with month-end business review book and supporting schedules.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of interfaces from all supporting systems (sales system, general ledger, financial forecasting system) into the financial models and databases.
• Assist in budgeting and tracking of travel and entertainment expenditure and reporting.
• Expected to enhance and modify models and databases as needed.
• Handle frequent ad-hoc projects and analyses as assigned by management.
C. Job Requirements:
• Minimum 5 years-experience in accounting/finance, preferably with an entertainment company.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
• Knowledge and experience with corporate finance required.
• Demonstrable proficiency in the use of spreadsheet, accounting and financial applications software; SAP experience/knowledge
• Proficiency with MS Office products including advance skills in Excel.
• Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based on evolving workload.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines and rapidly evolving business environment.
• Degree qualified (specific to business, finance, financial consulting, or accounting) or equivalent experience.
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Confidential – Job Description 1