Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
A. Job Summary: Interscope is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
Interscope is currently searching to fill a new role with the Finance team. The position is responsible for various aspects of financial planning and analysis. This position will also act as the liaison between Finance, Accounting, and the Marketing and Creative departments; prepare and analyse results and perform project analyses and other ad hoc analyses as required. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with at least 3 years of record label or management experience, and who understands marketing and promotions cycles.
B. Job Functions:
This position will play a key role in the planning and forecasting process for Interscope's financial marketing and promotions reports. In addition, the incumbent will support the financial analysis of the income statement and cash flows related to annual plan, quarterly forecast, monthly close and review process. This position will analyse other financial data as requested by senior management.
C. Job Requirements:
• Support elements of the monthly financial close, quarterly corporate financial forecasts, internal monthly forecast and annual plans.
• Prepare high level Monthly Marketing and Promotions reporting and analysis.
• Marketing and Promotion budgeting and forecasting in conjunction with sales and release profitability.
• Primary point of contact for specific projects as well as marketing and release planning activities.
• Ensures data is accurate and all assumptions are in accordance with company policy.
• Analyze variances to budget and forecast.
• Prepare and assist with month-end business review and book supporting schedules.
• Liase and manage Marketing Team and counterparts to forecast Marketing and Promotions activities.
• Ensures accuracy and completeness of interfaces from all supporting systems (sales system, general ledger, financial forecasting system) into the financial models and databases.
• Expected to enhance and modify finance models and databases as needed.
• Handles special projects as assigned by management.
• Minimum 3 years-experience in an analyst level position, preferably with an entertainment company.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
• Knowledge and experience with corporate finance required.
• Demonstrable proficiency in the use of spreadsheet, accounting and financial applications software; SAP experience/knowledge
• Proficiency with MS Office products including advance skills in Excel.
• Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based on evolving workload.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to executives and management, while being sensitive to confidential information.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines.
• Bachelor's degree preferred (specific to business, finance, financial consulting, or accounting) or combination of education and equivalent experience.
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Confidential – Job Description 1