Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Digital (Analytics/Advertising)
Job Summary: Working within the Digital team at the Verve Label Group, the Manager, Digital is a newly created role focused on data analytics and advertising. The Manager is responsible supplying an analytics framework to enable the various teams within the label group to make strategic, data-driven decisions for its artists and releases.
Data & Analytics
• Using internal and external data systems, conduct and perform detailed research and analysis on our artists, releases, sales, streams, and revenue to determine how we can better leverage data to execute smarter campaigns
• Set the strategy for analytics tracking and implementation and establish analytics reporting standards and processes
• Implement scoring models, customer segmentation, and develop the flow of marketing data through automation and CRM systems
• Conduct deep-dive analyses and design analytical initiatives that drive acquisition, engagement and monetization
• Design, and provide reporting around CRM initiatives including building dashboards and custom reports
• Maintain interdepartmental coordination to ensure that marketing campaigns are tracked and measured efficiently. Distribute discussion materials, making sure that relevant team members are kept up to date on the latest analysis
• Act as the liaison between the label group, UMG's Insights team, UMG's Analytics teams, and third-party data providers Advertising
• Work with Marketing team to use data analysis to develop and monitor digital advertising campaigns to achieve
• Keep Marketing team up to date on new channels, methods, techniques, tools and systems to improve the planning and buying process.
• Work with Marketing team to create post-campaign reviews and insights
• Direct experience with analytics tools (Google Analytics, Next Big Sound, SoundScan, BuzzAngle, ExactTarget, Adobe Data Workbench, VEVO Locker, etc.)
• Proven track record in digital advertising, either from agency-side or client-side within entertainment industry or digital marketing/agency and ability to demonstrate successful ad campaigns and ROI. Hands on experience with ad tech.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport
• Able to interact with people at all levels demonstrating tact, diplomacy, discretion and maturity
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow through
• Creative thinking and ability to use own judgment an initiative in problem-solving
• Possess excellent teamwork and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure while keeping an eye for detail
• Demonstrated experience functioning efficiently in an environment with multiple and shifting priorities and deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision, confidently handling new tasks as they arise
• Proficiency with MS Office products including Excel
• Avid music fan
• 3 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's Degree required Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.is Disclaimer This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.