Manager / Digital Media Planner
Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/8/2016 3:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager / Digital Media Planner jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Manager / Digital Media Planner postings
Full Time Job
Job Summary: Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This is a fantastic
opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
The Digital Media Planner role sits within Capitol Music Group's Digital Marketing team, and will be responsible for the planning and execution
of Capitol and its family of labels' paid digital media strategy. The successful applicant will create media campaigns from top to bottom, track results and tweak campaigns on the fly as appropriate. This role will require an individual who is able to speak the language of our various artists and imprints, and who is also a native user of a myriad of digital, social and ad platforms.
The successful applicant will be expected to collaborate with other members of the Digital Marketing, Marketing, and Senior Management teams, as well as other departments within the company as appropriate. As such, this role requires an expert communicator who is skilled at creating actionable reports and communicating return on investment from all projects to the company's leadership team. This person should be a self-starter who is confident in their ability to make changes and improve their plans as new data and marketing opportunities present themselves. They should not be afraid to challenge conventional media buying strategies and tactics in an ever-changing landscape, and should be prepared to back up their creative instincts and ideas with supporting analysis.
• Responsible for all of Capitol Music Group's digital media buys across various DSPs, native, and programmatic platforms.
• Handle the buying of all day-to-day deliverables and maintenance of media campaigns.
• Assist in the development of media program strategies, analysis, and reporting.
• Aid in educating the digital & marketing teams on best-practices and data driven techniques.
• Work with the marketing team to understand campaign goals and audience.
• Liaise with creative team to develop media strategies and campaigns.
• Make decisions on the best form(s) of media for specific campaigns.
• Undertake research and analyze data using internal data sets.
• Educate and share learnings with marketing teams.
• Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviors, and media habits.
• Present proposals and schedules to internal stakeholders.
• Recommend the most appropriate types of media to use, as well as the most effective time spans and locations.
• Proofread advertisement content before release.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns in order to inform future campaigns.
• Create custom audiences, book and optimize campaigns in Facebook, Twitter, and Google Adwords.
• Navigate, explore, and execute programmatic and native campaigns.
• Proficient communicator with excellent copywriting skills.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Able to build compelling reports detailing campaign successes, ROI and learnings.
• Dependable, team player able to work independently and in groups with people of all backgrounds.
• Passionate music fan. Experience:
• 3-5 years' experience as a media planner/media buyer.
• Experience with Google Adwords, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter.
• Quantitative/Analytical skills including experience with media forecasting and analysis.
• Familiarity/experience with Google Analytics, Target Group Index, ComScore, Tableau, and Sysomos.
• Programmatic experience. Education:
• Degree in Marketing or an equivalent college diploma/certificate.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Disclaimer This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.