Manager, Digital Marketing
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Digital Marketing (CRM/Social Media)
Working within the Digital team at the Verve Label Group, the Manager, Digital Marketing is a newly created position to provide marketing support to VLG's central digital business. There are two core areas of focus, (1) digital marketing strategy which involves working closely with our artists on social media strategy, content creation, CRM effectiveness and analysis, and (2) digital marketing strategy for all label accounts and properties, including social and site maintenance, and development of best practice documents and procedures.
• Work with artists and management on digital marketing strategy. Create content calendars, manage content creation, and work with various departments to ensure all relevant content is being promoted
• Deliver CRM strategies across label and artist digital touch points with a focus on growing revenue and reach. Work closely with all departments to ensure the CRM works effectively for all aspects of the company
• Contribute to the conception, design, and execution of digital content that will reach consumers
• Develop email newsletters for label group and artists
• Oversee development and maintenance of label group and artist websites and splash pages.
• Develop digital marketing best practices document to send to artist management periodically
• Analyze digital marketing campaigns and create recap reports on all priority campaigns
• Extensive knowledge of direct and digital marketing ideally in a similar industry
• Strong background in customer acquisition, re-engagement and retention strategies
• Background in content creation and creativity a plus
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport
• Able to interact with people at all levels demonstrating tact, diplomacy, discretion and maturity
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow through
• Creative thinking and ability to use own judgment an initiative in problem-solving
• Possess excellent teamwork and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure while keeping an eye for detail
• Demonstrated experience functioning efficiently in an environment with multiple and shifting priorities and deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision, confidently handling new tasks as they arise
• Familiarity with and/or interest in new technology
• Proficiency with MS Office products including Excel
• Avid music fan. Interest in jazz and classical a plus.
• 3 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's Degree required Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.is Disclaimer This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.