Manager, Business Affairs
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/19/2016 7:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager, Business Affairs jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Manager, Business Affairs postings
Full Time Job
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is seeking a Manager who is responsible for the research and clearance of the Universal Music catalog for reissues and multi-artist compilations. He/she will manage the full process of clearing a UMe release from researching the rd rights to the recordings to obtaining all of the necessary approvals to negotiating terms with 3 parties to license in recordings. Discretion, confidentiality and good judgment are essential for this role. The candidate must be efficient and time-sensitive, and will need to perform always with painstaking attention to detail. Multi-tasking and meeting tight deadlines is necessary.
• Research agreements and assess Universal Music's rights to albums and recordings.
• Provide Finance Department royalty obligations for UMe releases rd
• Negotiate terms to exploit 3 party recordings
• When required, obtain artist approvals to exploit the Universal Music catalog.
• Ensure all relevant correspondence regarding a release are tracked and maintained
• Participate with the Audio Licensing Department on projects that required all members of the team, as needed
• Demonstrate high level of understanding of contract analysis
• Ability to influence and negotiate
• Must possess good analytical skills and understand numerical data
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with UMG employees at all levels, inckluding Senior Management
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of parties with whom UMG does business
• Self-motivated, pro-active and resourceful
• Excellent follow-through and close attention to detail
• Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities and able to multi-task
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to stay on top of multiple initiatives at one time
• Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
• Minimum of five years working with and understanding artist contracts
• A background in project management
• Music Industry experience (legal-related experience preferred)
• Familiarity with business process workflows (i.e. following a pre-defined business process, understanding how one's role helps to achieve the overall objective)
• B.A. required Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.