Manager, Artist Royalties
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music company. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. Our vast catalogue of recordings and songs stretches back over a century and comprises the largest, most diverse and culturally rich collection of music ever assembled. Knowing that music, a powerful force for good in the world, is unique in its ability to inspire people and bring them together, we work with our artist and employees to serve our communities. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs. Together, we are UMG, the Universal Music Group.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Manager, Artist Royalties. In this role, you will be managing our artist royalty team in preparing and analyzing artist accounts to ensure that we are accurately reporting royalties to artists and third parties in accordance with the applicable agreements and licenses.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
• Manage the accurate, timely processing and review of artist royalty statements
• Manage and coordinate detailed research royalty projects
• Manage the research and response to inquiries as needed
• Assist in providing monthly financial reports requested by internal departments
• Work to complete outstanding projects related to various artists
• Review input into royalty system
• Train and supervise staff
• Implement new royalty processes
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Must be able to prioritize work
• Ability to effectively motivate and manage analyst staff
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in fast paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Excel and Access knowledge of One Note a plus
• Working knowledge of P.C. and mainframe computer systems
• 2-4 years Royalty experience with recording contracts and processing royalty statements
• Four year college degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.