Universal Music GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Job Title: Licensing Executive
Reporting To: Deputy Head of Licensing
Department: Universal Music Publishing
Location of Work: Fulham Broadway (Kings Cross from Summer 2018)
Fantastic chance to join the busy and vibrate Film & TV Team at Universal Music Publishing, clearing our vast catalogue to UK clients and our UMPG offices around the World.
Main purpose of role
• To manage the approval process required for clearing our publishing catalogue on synch uses across all media including but not limited to, DVD, corporate, online, games, film, TV and advertising.
• Working with our international offices and sub-publishers around the world to clear and licence our UK catalogue globally
• Regularly communicating with writers and managers and developing relationships with clients
• Occasionally attend concerts, showcases and events on behalf of the company with clients.
• To support the Licensing Manager and Head of the Film & TV department with ad-hoc projects and administrative duties.
• Previous experience of clearance and negotiation
• Music industry experience from a publishing, records or music rights negotiation background
• Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work under own initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines
• Flexible, quick to learn and able to prioritise own workload
• Hard working and able to follow instruction
• Enthusiastic, self motivated and ability to show initiative.
• Good organisation and communication skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team player with a flexible approach
• Knowledge of Universal Music Publishing’s catalogue
• Confident negotiator
• Sync experience
• Passion for music
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.