Junior Business Systems Analyst
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking a Junior Business Systems Analyst, intimate with Enterprise Architecture modelling methodologies and tools, to be responsible for populating and maintaining the enterprise portfolio repository through direct interaction with business and IT stakeholders while efficiently enforcing the data validation process currently in place.
Working within UMG's Application Design & Build group, The Business Systems Analyst will report to and work closely with the Enterprise Portfolio Management Project Manager (EPM PM) defining priorities and execution plans to promote and expand UMG's enterprise architecture, inclusive of process, data, application and infrastructure.
The candidate for this role will preferably have a hands-on background working with the Mega Modelling suite or similar products both at the meta-model definition level and with day-to-day management and maintenance. Experience with a multinational company focused
on enterprise-level portfolio management would also be a plus.
In focusing on collecting and maintaining important metadata regarding UMG's processes, systems and infrastructure, the Business System Analyst role will be a critical contributor to the UMG Enterprise Architecture practice, working in concert with data, software, infrastructure and solution architecture disciplines to build and promote a comprehensive array of standards, tools, strategies, capabilities and ultimately transformation initiatives to best meet the demands of UMG's business into the future.
• Ensure data freshness and accuracy of UMG's IT Asset catalog through regular interaction with business and IT stakeholders along rigorous execution of the current enterprise portfolio data validation process.
• Support Enterprise Architecture artefact development and maintenance across business, data, application and technology domains in conjunction with the EPM PM and Enterprise Architecture team leadership.
• Hands-on responsibility for administration of Mega Modelling suite: license administration, user access, platform upgrades, API development and maintenance, etc.
• Support maintenance and upgrades of Mega Modeling Suite, Export/Import APIs and the intranet website, fulfilling primary
objectives of reliability, information transparency and ease of access to all target constituencies.
• Support evangelization of Mega as system of record for UMG processes, data, applications and supporting technologies.
• Provide creative alternatives and recommendations for continuous improvement of the team's Enterprise Architecture practice.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages is a plus)
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills to support autonomy and entrepreneurship.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with team members and stakeholders across all levels, departments and countries.
• Facilitation skills and people management skills, ability to facilitate sessions for both highly technical and business audiences on site
or through conference calls.
• Experience with process, data, application and technology Modeling methodologies and best practices
• Experience working in a multi-national company
• Experience working in, or with the Music industry
• Working knowledge of SQL Server administration
• An excellent knowledge of Mega Modeling Suite including technical aspect (proprietary language, in-depth platform customization …) would be a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science or technical orientation
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.