Jr. Product Manager - Apparel/Merchandise
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Bravado is the leading global provider of consumer, lifestyle and brand management services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Part of Universal Music Group, the leader in music-based entertainment, Bravado has representatives in 40 countries, providing services including sales, licensing, branding, marketing and e-commerce. Their extensive global distribution network gives artists and brands the opportunity to create deeper connections with their fans through apparel, consumer packaged goods and unique experiences.
Bravado works closely with new and established clients to create innovative products and marketing plans carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Clients include over a hundred music brands such as Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Travis Scott, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Run MC, Prince, Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga and Guns N’ Roses. Bravado’s roster also includes an expanding list of non-music brands such as Harley Davidson, Paddington Bear and the Big3.
Bravado is currently seeking to fill the role of Product Manager. In this role, you will liaise with label and artist management to develop merchandise offerings resulting in best revenue opportunities with focus on the following areas:
• Maintain artist Direct to Consumer presences including development of Direct to Consumer-only products, timing of new product launches
• Liaise with the touring department to create product line as needed for touring opportunities
• Liaise with the retail department to coordinate art/product line for retail and to develop and execute retail marketing plans
• Oversee execution of brand strategy as it relates to product assortment.
• Work with multiple stakeholders, including artist management, creative and production, to facilitate the development of products from inception to finished product, including design solicitation, approvals, setting production specs and quantities and quality assurance
• Responsible for asset delivery to internal creative department from artists and management.
• Create and manage “launch” calendar for all products and initiatives – coordinate with talent mgmt. on all corresponding events – music launches, tours, anniversaries, etc.
• Work with Customer engagement team and talent mgmt to proactively facilitate social, email and online marketing plans
• Support all other departments to ensure their needs are met, be it marketing or creative, including keeping departments aware of any and all artist/brand activity
• Responsible for representing the company in meetings, at shows and on calls with management and bands/brands
• Overseeing special projects for the department as necessary, including pop up shops, special events, etc.
• Create and design brand presentations for clients, retail, brand partnerships, and collaboration opportunities
• Microsoft office suite, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
• Great communication skills, written and oral, interpersonal and group settings
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Creative and able to think out of the box
• Analytical and understands business revenue models
• 2-3 years in marketing/merchandise areas of entertainment business, preferably music
• Apparel experience preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.