Jr Devops Engineer
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a junior DevOps engineer to work within the DevOps team to support production systems, deliver automation and assist in successful delivery of projects.
The role provides excellent on the job learning opportunities and growth. You will have a learning buddy to help evolve and mature within DevOps space and achieve your career aspirations.
• The successful candidate will be responsible for helping support, maintain and ensure the smooth running of all mission critical applications as part of the CITO App Services support team, working in collaboration with the LPI project team.
• You will provide third line support for all escalations in Production and assist in the mitigation/resolution in a timely manner. You will be responsible for the rollout, configuration and monitoring of production software & maintaining deployment scripts for Pre-production and Production environments.
• You will help developers troubleshoot application/environmental issues as and when they arise on a day to day basis.
• As this role will be supporting a Production environment, you may be required to work outside normal working hours on an exceptional basis.
• The ideal candidate will play an integral role in the growth of the company and provide input on an ongoing basis to help maximize system uptimes.
• Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities
• Thorough understanding of IIS and related concepts including administration through PowerShell
• Good understanding of managing HA (high availability) systems
• Good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft software technologies e.g. .NET, Visual Studio
• Basic knowledge of messaging technologies – Windows MSMQ, NServiceBus
• Understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous delivery concepts toolsets
• Familiarity using Confluence and JIRA
• Awareness of configuration and release management
• Awareness of Monitoring tools – Cloud watch, Splunk etc.
• Familiarity of scripting languages e.g. Python, Ansible
• Awareness of Application build and deployment tools like TeamCity, Octopus
• Knowledge of testing tools e.g. Postman, fiddler, httpwatch
• Document based management systems – RAVEN DB
• Minimum 1 year experience of working on cloud technologies e.g. AWS
• Experience supporting distributed systems
• System admin – networking/Firewalls, AD, SSL, certificates, virtualisations
• Experience of Agile and Scrum methodology
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.