IT Infrastructure Architect
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
UMG is seeking to recruit a senior IT Infrastructure Architect to join our Global IT Architecture team. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the ongoing evolution of UMG’s global IT architecture capabilities and they will become the global Design Authority for UMG’s Network & Communications strategy & architecture
The candidate must have 10 years proven enterprise level experience that has both “breadth and depth” in the specified IT domains
The gravitas to influence decisions plus develop, promote and enforce standards in a highly federated complex global business is paramount.
• A member of the UMG IT Infrastructure Architecture group which has a remit to ensure that UMG has a robust, flexible, scalable and efficient IT architecture that supports its business strategy & direction
• Becomes the UMG Global Architectural Design Authority for the IT domain(s) of Networks & Communications
• Defines, maintains and oversees UMG’s overall IT Architecture strategy for the specified domain(s)
• Contributes to the wider UMG Infrastructure Architecture Roadmap
• Defines, develops, documents and maintains architectural blueprints, best practices, deployment frameworks and standards
• Promotes the use of the defined IT standards within UMG business units to both technical and non-technical customers.
• Project & Operations Engagement
• Works with the UMG Business Engagement Managers (BEM’s), project managers and others to understand business requirements and takes responsibility for defining and delivering the appropriate technology solution(s)
• Works with peers to solve complex technical challenges and ensure all agreed IT architectures are truly “fit-for-purpose”
• Engages with project teams to develop and agree architecture solutions for individual project deployments
• Documents recommended architecture options along with fully costed analysis for approval by senior management
• Provides architectural governance during implementations, to ensure compliance with defined IT architectural standards.
• Provides IT Domain thought leadership and guidance to other members of the IT teams
• Contributes to the creation of RFI/RFP’s and performs product and vendor assessment & selection
• Engages with UMG Operations teams to understand their challenges and issues and provides pragmatic solutions
• Builds strong relationships with UMG peer organizations and external partners & vendors
• Keeps abreast of the latest trends, developments, methods and technologies and transfers this knowledge into the UMG organization as appropriate.
• Highly articulate and numerate with excellent spoken and written English language skills
• Resilient personality and able to work effectively on multiple complex design tasks, often with competing priorities
• Able to articulate complex IT related designs and solutions in terms which can be understood by non-technical people.
• Takes full ownership to deliver against agreed timelines, delivers on promises made
• Able to create detailed technical designs with high level summary overviews for senior management
• Experience in a multi-vendor outsourced environment - articulating key requirements to multiple vendors & solutions
• Ability to collaborate across infrastructure teams whilst remaining clear on boundaries of responsibility
• 10 years experience developing and maintaining technical architectures & standards in global enterprises
• Experience guiding and governing project delivery teams to ensure architectural standard are adhered to
• Experience translating complex IT requirements into documented, costed designs with options where possible
• Experience of working with traditional hosting outsourced partners, internal hosting providers and public providers
• Strong commercial awareness especially when dealing with vendor proposals and RFI/RFP processes
• Proven experience architecting solutions for enterprises with 30 large & smaller offices spread throughout the world.
• Proven track record designing enterprise class solutions based on the following technologies
• LAN: Cisco switch family
• WAN: Global MPLS Design & deployment methodologies
• SDN: Emerging managed “hybrid” WAN & SDN approaches
• MAN: traditional P2P Metro Ethernet & current VPLS design approaches
• WLAN: Cisco AP and WLAN Controllers
• VOICE: Microsoft SfB Enterprise Voice, Cloud PBX, SBA’s & related Cloud Connector design principles.
• VIDEO: H.323/Polycom, Microsoft SfB and related collaboration design principles.
• OPTIMIZATION: Experience with optimization & traffic management appliances such as Riverbed and Ipanema
• Remote Access solutions such as Juniper
• Integration of complex security solutions into the core network topology and at the network perimeter
• Knowledge of Avaya telephony solutions especially migration to other solutions.
• Automated conference room design principles.
• Educated to degree level in an IT related discipline (or significant proven industry experience)
• Relevant Industry or technology vendor certifications such as may be advantageous
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.