Human Resources Coordinator
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Our commitment to innovation extends to our first-class Human Resources team, which is currently seeking a Human Resources Coordinator for our Santa Monica office. This is a great opportunity to join a fast paced HR team focused on providing best in class service to the top music company in the industry. This position is ideal for a highly motivated individual who is strongly committed to customer service and pursuing a career in Human Resources in a creatively driven industry.
• Work in fast-paced HR team environment, providing coordinator support to 2 HR Directors across multiple business units within Universal Music Group. Facilitate and help implement key HR initiatives, projects and programs.
• Greet incoming visitors, applicants, and employees, and serve as front line HR customer service representative and follow up, as appropriate. Spend time getting to know our employees professionally, so that they think of HR as a go-to resource. Field basic questions to assist employees, and provide relevant updates to HR Directors to follow up.
• Prepare and processes high-volume personnel actions (new hires, promotions, terminations, etc.).
• Utilize HRIS systems to research issues and provide data to HR Directors and clients, as appropriate.
• Prepare offer letters, conduct reference checks, and other pre-employment documentation.
• Responsible for employee on-boarding, including processing all new hire paperwork, conducting new hire orientations, and ensuring all new hire information is collected and entered accurately and timely in HRIS system. Prepare paperwork for exit interviews and conduct exit meetings, as needed.
• Maintain and provide weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reports, specific to each business unit.
• Respond to inquiries and requests from clients in a timely fashion.
• Maintains confidential and sensitive information.
• Duties and responsibilities subject to change and may include additional responsibilities based on business needs.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to interface with staff at all levels
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize deadlines and multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Ability to successfully balance work priorities across multiple business units and 2 HR Directors
• Highly adaptable to a fluid and changing work environment
• Must have excellent follow through skills and the ability anticipate and address business needs proactively
• Basic understanding of labor laws and interest in keeping abreast of trends and updates in the HR industry
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Great team player and finding opportunities to help the team achieve goals and deliverables aligned with business priorities
• 2 years of Human Resources experience preferred
• HRIS experience, SAP and PeopleSoft a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Visio experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.