Head of Marketing
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Job Summary: Bravado is the leading global provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Part of Universal Music Group, the leader in music-based entertainment, Bravado represents artists in more than 40 cities and provides services including sales, licensing, branding, marketing and e-commerce. Their extensive global distribution network gives artists and brands the opportunity to create deeper connections with their fans through apparel, consumer packaged goods and unique brand experiences.
Bravado works closely with new and established clients to create innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Clients include The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Bob Marley, Run DMC, Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga, Metallica and Guns N' Roses, among many others.
Bravado is currently looking for a Head of Marketing. This person's responsibilities with include:
• Direct the development and evolution of the merchandising marketing strategy for the entire Bravado merchandising roster
• Develop top-level creative merchandise and fashion concepts and ideas for artists
• Identify key fashion trends to be incorporated into Bravado's merchandising program
• Oversee new fashion product development in collaboration with production team
• Develop cross-roster best practices and metrics to maximize commercial opportunity
• Oversee domestic marketing staff of [>10], including directing roster staffing, prioritizing workflow, providing strategic direction and training, etc.
• Oversee growing experiential retail/merchandising revenue channel
Day-to-Day Operations Responsibilities
• Work closely with CEO, Head of Sales & Licensing, and label brand partnerships teams to develop new commercial
opportunities, including development of brand relationships/categories and campaign pitching
• Work with label marketing and direct-to-consumer teams to develop roster-level marketing strategies and processes
• Oversee development and execution of special brand integrations between artists and consumer brands (e.g. non- traditional retail integrations, branded events, collaborative product lines, sponsorships, etc.), including concept development, partner identification, brand partner relationship management, and campaign implementation
• Develop and maintain relationships with top-level outside collaborators (e.g. fashion designers, visual artists, etc.)
• Maintain direct relationships with key roster artists and their representatives
• Participate in priority new artist pitches
A. Job Requirements:
• 8 years of experience in Fashion, Music, Merchandising, Media, Marketing, or creative agencies
• Digital/Mobile experiences are a plus
• Experience with new product launches including leveraging Social Media, Public Relations, Brand Strategy and Influencers to garner earned media
• Capable of managing a P&L
• Developed high energy, guerrilla marketing campaigns
• Track record of performance excellence, exceeding targets, and objectives
• Proven solid leadership skills and experience leading successful marketing teams
• Lead the global brand managers / directors in the marketing plan development process and providing leadership to the marketing teams around the world in the customization and local execution of these plans Education:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Fashion, Music or a related field of study Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.