Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Finance Manager position is responsible for various aspects of the consolidation of Plan, Forecast and Actuals for the North American Recorded Music Division. This position will act as the liaison between Universal Music labels, Central Accounting and UMG Corporate Finance to support the monthly close processes, provide variance explanations and analyze results in addition to managing monthly forecasts, review annual operating plans and perform project analyses/ad hoc analyses as needed.
• Coordinate monthly narrative and liaise with various Universal Music divisions on related commentary
• Manage monthly financial forecast and review annual plan submissions for UMG
• Improve and refine the financial reporting out of HFM and BPC
• Enhance and modify models and reporting as needed
• Provide ad hoc analyses as required
• Demonstrable proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, accounting and financial applications software; Hyperion Financial Management/Smartview Reporting, SAP and BPC planning experience/knowledge preferred
• Proficiency with MS Office products, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree qualified (specific to business, finance or accounting)
• Minimum 4-6 years (Manager role) of financial planning & analysis, strategic planning, accounting and/or audit experience is required
• Prior management experience preferred
• Music/entertainment industry experience highly preferred
• CPA preferred but not required
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to establish quick rapport with people across the business
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.