Director of Financial Reporting & Forecasting
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Publishing Group is currently seeking an exceptional Director of Financial Reporting & Forecasting who will be responsible for planning & forecasting, financial analysis, and monthly reporting.
• Directly responsible for start to finish preparation of management reports including analyses of actual results vs. budget and forecast. Independently develop supporting models.
• Review of general ledger activities and financial statements to verify accuracy and consistency with annual budget. Requires a thorough understanding of a variety of financial transactions and the ability to analyze transactions for proper accounting treatment.
• Manage the maintenance and updating all Hyperion Financial Management models related to actual reporting and forecast / plan.
• Prepare portions of annual budget and periodic forecasts for the largest company in the Music Publishing Group.
• Assist in External and Internal audit request, including Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Manage and control local AP process – coding and review.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manage 1 Manager – Financial Reporting, including regular independent review of their work products
• Complete understanding of accounting systems. Additionally, requires a high degree of competence with computers to be able to upload and download information to and from the financial systems for additional manipulation.
• Strong analytical skills; ability to make certain decisions based on information provided and understand the ramifications of each decision.
• Ability to work independently and/or in a team-oriented environment. Additional ability to interact with
other affiliated offices to resolve questions, problems and/or requests for information.
• Effective communication skills; requires the ability to communicate certain accounting policies and procedures and give direction to various contacts in order to complete the necessary responsibilities.
• Superior skills in Excel, Word and familiar with financial reporting software.
• SAP and HFM experience strongly preferred.
• Professional attitude and ability to retain confidential information.
• 7 years of accounting or finance experience
• BA degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field required
• Master degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.