Director, Tour Production
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Job Summary: Bravado is the leading global provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Part of Universal Music Group, the leader in music-based entertainment, Bravado represents artists in more than 40 cities and provides services including sales, licensing, branding, marketing and e-commerce. Their extensive global distribution network gives artists and brands the opportunity to create deeper connections with their fans through apparel, consumer packaged goods and unique brand experiences.
Bravado works closely with new and established clients to create innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Clients include The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Bob Marley, Run DMC, Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga, Metallica and Guns N' Roses, among many others.
Bravado is currently looking for a Director of Tour Production. This person is responsible for the overall production and revenue, generated from selling artist branded product on tour.
Strategy and Management:
• Oversee Tour Office, Road, and Warehouse Staff and prioritizing the Tour Production workflow.
• Focus on key priorities and objectives, providing strategic direction and driving specific projects.
• Work hand-in-hand with all divisions of Bravado to communicate, build synergy and keep all projects moving forward.
• Develop employees by providing leadership, direction and ongoing coaching/feedback to accomplish strategic objectives.
• Assist clients to determine product need and pricing for maximum revenue, including product selection and price negotiation with vendors
• Manage ad-hoc inquiries from A&R, Creative Services, Artist Management, and artists themselves
• Build relationships with other team members within the Bravado family as well as agents for the artists
• Manage stock in Bravado's inventory system Navision for all touring and non-touring artists
• Responsible for placing production orders with blank, print, and trinket vendors, as well as shipping finished goods and products to road crews for sale at shows
• Negotiate and determine pricing for individual accounts and pre-production vendors
• Ensure that vendor accounts are billed and reconciled in a timely manner
• Create tour merch sales projections
• Record and analyze touring sales information
• Adjust projections based on historical sales figures and upcoming markets
• Partner with Creative Services to design and create new custom products and concepts
• Create custom gift packages for Fan Clubs and VIPs companies for all top clients throughout the world
• Create a touring merchandise line with A&R and Creative Services
• Coordinate domestic and international logistics
• Work with foreign territories to produce a merch line that makes sense for each specific demographic
A. Job Requirements:
• Proven success working in Tour Production and operating cross-functionally
• Capable of leading and developing people
• Ability to thrive professionally and creatively within fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Atvenu
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (5 years preferred)
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.