Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Working within the Digital team at the Verve Label Group, the Director, Streaming is a newly created role focused on maximizing opportunities and revenue potential with UMG's streaming partners for VLG's artists, new releases, and catalog. The Director will drive the overall streaming strategy for the label group by developing playlists and working with the CRM and social media team members to effectively market and promote them.
• Drive overall streaming strategy for the label group
• Primary liaison between VLG and key streaming partners including but not limited to Spotify, Apple Music, Google/YouTube, VEVO, Slacker, Napster, Tidal, and more.
• Develop a clear understanding of the partners' brand(s), product offerings and consumers; create a strategy that drives revenue and maximizes exposure for VLG artists
• Monitor activities with partners; be aware of market issues and competitive activity
• Interface with UMG Commercial Partnerships team and international teams to coordinate efforts at accounts on a global level
• Work with Marketing team to develop streaming strategy for artists and new release campaigns
• Pitch accounts for featured placement and secure promotional opportunities
• Pitch internal and external partners for playlist inclusion
• Create and maintain wholly-owned playlists and grow subscriber base
• Work with CRM and social media team to promote streaming priorities through social media, email blasts, websites, and other digital platforms
• Track and measure results. Distribute weekly streaming reports to wider VLG team
• Extensive knowledge of streaming services, playlisting strategy, streaming analytics, and digital marketing
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport
• Able to interact with people at all levels demonstrating tact, diplomacy, discretion and maturity
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow through
• Creative thinking and ability to use own judgment an initiative in problem-solving
• Possess excellent teamwork and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure while keeping an eye for detail
• Demonstrated experience functioning efficiently in an environment with multiple and shifting priorities and deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision, confidently handling new tasks as they arise
• Familiarity with and/or interest in new technology
• Proficiency with MS Office products including Excel
• Avid music fan. Interest in jazz and classical a plus.
• Light travel may be required
• 5 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's Degree required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.is Disclaimer This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.