Director, Media Advertising
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/1/2017 4:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Media Advertising jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Director, Media Advertising postings
Full Time Job
Job Summary: Working with the Global Digital Marketing Innovation team at UMG, who are passionate about delivering out of the box initiatives, the Director, Media Advertising will have the opportunity to help shape UMG's advertising strategy worldwide.
We are looking for a bright, commercial and tech savvy Director to join our team and be at the forefront of transforming UMG's media strategy.
As UMG advances its investment and capabilities in digital/ multi-channel advertising across the business, the Director, Media Advertising will play a pivotal role in leading commercial growth through new and existing advertising channels. You will be working alongside other departments in the business (Insights, Analytics, Marketing, Digital and sales) to coordinate the company media strategy, as well as working across all UMG territories to advance the knowledge and capabilities of various teams – pushing the adoption of emerging technologies and new advertising models.
• Collaborate closely with the global teams to develop and coordinate the media planning and buying vision – multi-market, multi- channel
• Drive the deployment of ''best in class'' planning capabilities across the business including the use of new channels, methods, techniques, tools and systems.
• Help drive UMG's growth and engagement through partnerships with media companies
• Continually strive for improvement and innovation by working with internal media advertising teams and marketing teams in UMG territories to improve the planning and buying process, post-campaign reviews and insights
• Assist with education of the business by providing deep insight and expertise as advertising expert
• Creative, analytical thinker
• Hunger for challenge and opportunity, rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional organisational and analytical skills
• Embraces technology; good understanding and hands on experience with Ad tech
• Excellent understanding and experience using digital analytics and data management
• Good project management skills
• Ability to work across multiple time zones (some travel may be required)
• Adaptable and personable with a team player attitude
• Love of music
• Proven track record in digital advertising/media buying either on agency side or client side or both and is able to demonstrate successful Ad campaigns and ROI.
• You have a proven track record in digital advertising, either from agency-side or client-side within entertainment industry or digital marketing /agency
• Highly developed interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside UMG; this role requires you to interact with senior executives and partner with them to launch industry defining media campaigns
• Effective and engaging written communication, presentation, influencing and negotiation skills
• Ability to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and effectively
• Passionate about digital and well versed on the latest industry trends and news
• Execute in an intense, fast-paced, and highly iterative environment
• Bachelor's Degree required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.