Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2016 5:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Legal jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Director, Legal postings
Full Time Job
UMe is the centralized catalog marketing division for the Universal Music Group, the world's largest music company, and manages the exploitation in North America of UMG's extensive catalog of audio and audio-visual master recordings and related properties, both physical and intellectual. UMe spearheads marketing, brand partnerships, sales, licensing, and ancillary exploitation of the music catalog, whose brands and assets include the world's greatest recording artists. Seeking an experienced legal professional who can provide business and legal counsel in connection with UMe's day-to-day operations and activities. The individual will be responsible for negotiating, drafting and executing a variety of agreements, with particular focus on (1) UMG back-catalog exploitation, (2) new catalog and related properties acquisition, (3) content licensing, (4) non-traditional audio, audio-visual and catalog artist projects, and (5) special catalog-centric sales and marketing projects. The position will also help manage UMe's day-to-day legal affairs with particular focus on post-exclusivity term exploitation opportunities. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with the ability to both assess and analyze opportunities and issues and manage deals from inception through execution.
• Negotiating, drafting and executing UMe back-catalog agreements, new content and catalog content acquisition agreements, and catalog-centric sales and marketing projects.
• Managing the legal and business affairs components of music, artwork and merchandise licensing projects, including consumer engagement projects, and negotiating, drafting and executing related agreements.
• Negotiating, drafting and executing non-traditional audio, audio-visual and artwork asset exploitation projects.
• Assisting in the management of UMe's day-to-day legal / business affairs consultation and interaction with all UMG labels, UMG's Royalties Department, UMG's artist audit team, and UMG's litigation group.
• Providing legal / business affairs advice and documentation re UMe's social media relationships and projects.
• Providing legal / business affairs oversight of Ume's Film & TV division.
• BA/BS degree & JD required
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience
• Must be adept at interpreting historical contracts and negotiating and drafting contracts
• Able to manage broad range of day-to-day business affairs/legal matters.
• Must have working knowledge of intellectual property rights
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize under tight time constraints
• Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Highly motivated and with a desire to work in a team environment
• Ability to keep information confidential
• Must be willing to work extended hours
• Must be self-directed and well organized
• Passion for music, new media and technology
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.