Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Director of Finance with our rapidly expanding Audio, Visual Film and Television division. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible and oversee all aspects of accounting and financial planning for the division, including, but not limited to: strategic plans, budgets, forecast and business updates. This position will also partner with the management team to build KPI reports and establish best practices.
• Lead strategic financial planning and processes related to audio/visual film and TV, including, the month-end close, periodic forecast and annual plan
• Manage and/or perform all monthly close and provide variance analysis
• Develop financial strategies by forecasting and driving the annual plan process
• Create financial models to support new strategic business initiatives and action plans
• Develop management reports & presentations for the AV Film & TV division
• Operational supervision and collaboration with AP, internal controls/audit, HR & Facilities to ensure compliance and development of best practices
• Develop and maintain ad hoc analysis as required
• Strong business analysis and Excel modelling, accounting and financial applications software: Hyperion Financial Management, SAP and BPC planning experience/knowledge preferred
• Entertainment Industry knowledge preferred, using updates and trend analysis to advance the organization
• Ability to effectively communicate across all levels in the business
• Minimum 7-10 years of finance and accounting experience with progressive responsibilities
• Experience establishing collaborative relationships in an enterprise setting across different groups
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or other related area; MBA a plus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.