Director, Consumer Engagement
Universal Music GroupBroadway, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a director to lead, develop and execute consumer engagement and ecommerce campaigns in collaboration with UMG owned and associated labels. The Director will be the key point person at the label level for all direct to consumer activities, including but not limited to initial artist strategy, product development, marketing and eCommerce. This person must be the organizing force and leader in commercializing direct to consumer campaigns and other integrated artist rights (e.g. ecommerce, experiences, touring). This person must be skilled at influencing and collaborating with all label departments (product managers, digital marketing) and artist management, and will be responsible to organize, plan and collaborate with labels in the execution of marketing campaigns for artists not only across release and touring schedules, but also ''off cycle'' promotions of artist-relevant commercialization opportunities. He/she will be responsible for overseeing and managing all D2C stores including identifying, planning and executing against revenue opportunities for stores, merchandise recommendations, pricing, design, social media, eCRM and other label marketing initiatives.
• Lead programs, projects and necessary teams to build, launch and measure effective consumer engagement programs, including but not limited to: artist and label websites and ecommerce stores, VIP and ticketing programs, consumer data acquisition programs and artist communities and apps.
• Communicate daily with label's digital and marketing teams to drive adoption of all Consumer Engagement disciplines.
• Develop, execute and manage D2C product offerings and marketing plans/budgets including planning and ROI analysis.
• Assist labels/artists/managers with ad agency partners to optimize media buys around D2C campaigns, VIP packages, ticketing and off-cycle promotional initiatives.
• Plan and oversee a consistent email strategy across all artists and stores
• Ensure approvals from all internal and external parties on design, pricing, manufacturing deliverables and collaboration with D2C ops team on set up.
• Monitor and respond to all analytics across all programs.
• Monitor monthly revenue and acquisition results against targets and optimise programs to ensure goals are met.
• Coordinate with analytics team to provide timely reporting and insights to label and artist teams regarding sales (historical and current), product offerings, trends, fan demographics, etc.
• Develop, manage and execute fan experience upgrades for artist tours and special events (includes ticketing platforms, ticket/album bundles, pre-sale ticketing, VIP packages).
• Audit programs to ensure each is contributing to revenue, profitability and growth targets.
• Strong ability to collaborate and serve needs of labels and artists, while maintaining a clear vision of what will drive results in an extremely fast paced environment
• Effective listener
• Creative product development with financial responsibility
• Pro-active self-starter able to set and accomplish label goals
• Expert project management skills
• Solid understanding of analytics and data analysis
• Understanding of music/entertainment industry
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
• Excellent presentation skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• 6 years successful working experience in eCommerce, eCRM or related fields
• Experience in or exposure to the music or entertainment industries
• College degree level strongly preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.