Digital Media Planner
Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Capitol Music Group (CMG) is comprised of Capitol Records, Virgin Records, Motown Records, Blue Note Records, Astralwerks, Harvest Records, Capitol Christian Music Group, Priority Records, Atom Factory, and Deep Well Records, as well as Capitol Studios and CMG’s independent label services and distribution division, Caroline. Capitol Music Group is based in Hollywood, California in the iconic Capitol Records Tower.
Capitol Music Group is a division of Universal Music Group, which is a fully owned subsidiary of Vivendi.
• Responsible for all of Capitol Music Group’s digital media buys across various DSPs, native, and programmatic platforms.
• Handle the buying of all day-to-day deliverables and maintenance of media campaigns.
• Assist in the development of media program strategies, analysis, and reporting.
• Aid in educating the digital & marketing teams on best-practices and data driven techniques.
• Work with the marketing team to understand campaign goals and audience.
• Liaise with creative team to develop media strategies and campaigns.
• Make decisions on the best form(s) of media for specific campaigns.
• Undertake research and analyze data using internal data sets.
• Educate and share learnings with marketing teams.
• Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviors, and media habits.
• Present proposals and schedules to internal stakeholders.
• Recommend the most appropriate types of media to use, budgets, as well as the most effective time spans and locations.
• Proofread advertisement content before release.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns in order to inform future campaigns.
• Create custom audiences, book and optimize campaigns in Facebook, Twitter, Google Adwords, and other DSPs
• Navigate, explore, and execute programmatic and native campaigns.
• Proficient communicator with excellent copywriting skills.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Able to build compelling reports detailing campaign successes, ROI and learnings.
• Dependable, team player able to work independently and in groups with people of all backgrounds.
• Passionate music fan.
• 3-5 years’ experience as a media planner/media buyer.
• Experience with Google Adwords, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, or other DSPs.
• Quantitative/Analytical skills including experience with media forecasting and analysis.
• Familiarity/experience with Google Analytics, Target Group Index, ComScore, Datorama, Shopify
• Programmatic experience.
• Experience running campaigns driving e-commerce sales
• Degree in Marketing or an equivalent college diploma/certificate.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.