Digital Marketing Specialist - Capitol Christian Music
Universal Music GroupBrentwood, CA
Full Time Job
Under The Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
This role maximizes sales, engagement, and overall effectiveness of Capitol CMG artist and label brands by providing ongoing digital marketing support to connect our artists to consumers in meaningful ways.
• Provide on-going support to VP and Director, Marketing by supporting priorities, major initiatives and all requests to connect artists & consumers.
• Provide on-going support to Director, Digital and Video Content by developing and executing comprehensive plans for all video and content releases and streaming events.
• Drive social media growth for all artists through increased engagement, activity and relevant content / posts.
• Create and implement online advertising and content strategy plans for each release, generating innovative ideas and approaches that effectively target the core consumer.
• Create and leverage content to maximize exposure with key partners per release and leverage with all applicable online partners/influencers to deliver increased awareness and visibility for releases.
• Develop targeted strategy for artists’ and label’s video channels including YouTube and VEVO.
• Maintain strong relationships with artist management, artists, influencers, and digital partners to be viewed as a resource for best practices and implementing digital marketing strategies for each new and developing act.
• Prepare and deliver relevant branding and content on all proprietary points of consumer contact to fuel on-going, digital relationships between artists and their fans.
• Initiate campaigns for priority streaming platforms to drive followers, streams, shares, and playlisting.
• Develop and maintain database of key blogs, social media influencers, and email data.
• Provide support in creative idea generation for Digital Marketing in the development of comprehensive marketing and advertising plans for Label Group artists.
• Drive growth of label email list and all social media channels by implementing CRM campaigns and engaging content.
• Actively participate in team meetings, discussions and planning activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment
• Ability to thrive professionally and creatively within fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Must be tech savvy and enjoy working in a developing digital environment
• Must have proficient understanding of online music and streaming platforms
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Photoshop
• Experience in Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, HTML and CSS a plus
• 2 years of relevant experience in digital music or social media marketing
• It helps to be artist/manager friendly and understand digital music
• Prefer 4-year college degree, if possible in marketing, business or equivalent
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.