Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
As the Developer, you will be a proactive member of a successful agile team and continually strive for excellence in every aspect of your working day. You will work closely with you Technical Team Lead and fellow team members and participate in the day to day development of one of UMG’s digital products. You will understand clean code principles and be comfortable practicing Test Driven Development to ensure all code produced is fit for purpose, accurate and minimal. You will help diagnose, triage and fix production issues as well as being on call 1 weekend out of every four.
Working in one of the London delivery teams, you will participate in the day to day development of a UMG Microsoft .Net based solutions. You will work within an agile team and help deliver software to the highest possible standard. You will be exposed to modern architecture, tools and ways of working.
• Work closely with the Technical Team Lead and Senior Developers within your team and respond to their guidance and support
• Attend and contribute to sprint ceremonies including planning sessions, stand-ups and retrospectives
• Understand UMG’s complex business domain and be comfortable with the existing code based solutions
• Ensure that the acceptance criteria of user stories are met and failures in QA are limited
• Produce high quality code using Test Driven Development
• Be able to diagnose issues via debugging, logging and tools like NewRelic
• Have an understanding of and be able to implement design patterns (e.g. GO4), design principles (e.g. SOLID)
• Have a good understanding of C# and the .Net ecosystem including Visual Studio 2015 , asp.Net MVC and WebApi
• Be able to work with within modern front-end frameworks e.g. Angular, Knockout or Aurelia
• Be open to and embrace exposure to new architectures, cloud based infrastructures and modern ways of working
• A good understanding of the AWS Cloud (or similar e.g. Azure)
• An understanding of messaging based architectures
• A good understanding of design patterns and principles e.g. SOLID and GO4
• Ability to refactor code
• Ability to work in a complex and fast-moving domain
• Ability to quickly debug code and diagnose issues using tools like NewRelic and Splunk
• 3 years of Microsoft C#, Visual Studio and the .Net Runtime
• 3 years of Agile based project delivery
• 3 years exposure to one of the following: SQL Database, NoSQL database or Cloud-based storage solutions (TableStorage, SimpleDb or DynamoDb)
• 3 years of Test Driven Development
• Professional experience of RavenDb preferred
• Professional experience of NServiceBus preferred
• Professional experience of SpecFlow preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.