Universal Music GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Developer
Department: Global Technology
Location of work: Hammersmith Road
Main Purpose of Role
We are focused on building a cutting-edge technology platform. This is to help serve the changing needs of the largest worldwide music company, harnessing the changes in the digital music ecosystem. As a result, we are looking for a developer to work within the development team to deliver production fixes and assist in successful delivery of projects.
The successful candidate will be a proactive member of the team, working closely with a successful agile team and will continually strive for excellence in every aspect of the working day. The candidate will work closely with the Technical Team Lead and fellow development team members and participate in the day to day development of one of UMG’s digital products.
The ideal candidate will understand clean code principles and be comfortable practicing Test Driven Development. This is to ensure all code produced is fit for purpose, accurate and minimal. The role will help diagnose, triage and fix production issues as well as being on call, one weekend out of every four.
The ideal candidate will play an integral role in the growth of the company and provide input on an ongoing basis; to help maximize system uptimes and deliver successful projects on time and within budget.
The candidate will be based in London and will work with International team members from time to time.
As this role, will be supporting a Production environment, you may be required to work outside normal working hours on an exceptional basis.
• Excellent professional experience of Microsoft C#, Visual Studio and the .Net Runtime
• An understanding of NoSQL database, or either of one of the following: SQL Database or Cloud-based storage solutions (TableStorage, SimpleDb or DynamoDb)
• Test Driven Development
• Ability to quickly debug code and diagnose issues using tools like NewRelic and Splunk
• A good understanding of design patterns and principles e.g. SOLID and GO4 (desirable)
• Experience working in an Agile based project delivery environment
• Ability to refactor code
• Ability to work in a complex and fast-moving domain
• Continuous Integration
• Professional experience of RavenDb, DynamoDb or MongoDb
• AWS Cloud (or similar e.g. Azure)
• An understanding of messaging based architectures
• Professional experience of NServiceBus
• Professional experience of SpecFlow
• An understanding of DDD and CQRS
• Professional experience of providing out of hours support
• Work closely with the Technical Team Lead and Senior Developers within your team and respond to their guidance and support
• Attend and contribute to sprint ceremonies including planning sessions, stand-ups and retrospectives
• Understand UMG’s complex business domain and be comfortable with the existing code based solutions
• Ensure that the acceptance criteria of user stories are met and failures in QA are limited
• Produce high quality code using Test Driven Development
• Be able to diagnose issues via debugging, logging and tools like NewRelic
• Have an understanding of and be able to implement design patterns (e.g. GO4), design principles (e.g. SOLID)
• Have a good understanding of C# and the .Net ecosystem including Visual Studio 2015 , asp.Net MVC and WebApi
• Work within modern front-end frameworks e.g. Angular, Knockout or Aurelia
• Embrace exposure to new architectures, cloud based infrastructures and modern ways of working
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.