Deskside Support Technician
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a talented Deskside Support Technician to join our IT End User Services team. The objective of this role is to provide professional and timely support for a wide range of IT equipment, software and conference room systems within a global organization. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical and interpersonal skills as well as a commitment to supporting our team values: Being of service to our clients; having a passion for our work; exemplifying integrity in all that we do and acting with courage by doing the right thing for our clients and business.
The role will suit a candidate who has the interpersonal skills to complement their technical skills, and is someone who can empathize with the client's perspective and simplify technical information. The suitable candidate will also have a sense of urgency and a strong desire to provide outstanding service.
The service you will provide is high visibility front line end user support at various locations (including Santa Monica, Woodland Hills Hollywood, and New York) and may also cover smaller sites as needed. The normal hours of coverage is 7am to 7pm with flexible start times between 7 and 10 am. The ideal candidate will be an excellent team player, able to assist their colleagues, and be able to contribute to overall team goals, whilst also being comfortable able to remain productive when working alone.
The environment is a mixture of Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac devices, with a diverse and demanding user community that expects a consistent level of service quality.
• Provide IT support by diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and troubleshooting basic technology issues
• Talking clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help resolve issues or configure systems
• Installing and configuring computer hardware and software
• Maintaining and updating support information and actions in the IT Ticketing system, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
• Following standard procedures and written instructions to repair a fault or set up computer systems
• Supporting the roll-out of new applications, tools and services
• Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
• Responding within agreed time limits to incidents and service requests
• Working continuously on a task until completion (or escalating to another group where appropriate)
• Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time
• Establishing a good working relationship with customers and colleagues within IT
• Representing IT with professionalism and demonstrating IT values at all times
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization and handle each request with discretion, tact, diplomacy and patience
• Strong analytical / technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills across the wide range of technology
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products for versions 2010, 2011, and 2013 and Office 365
• Strong PC/Laptop hardware troubleshooting and deployment skills
• Strong software application installation/troubleshooting skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with installing and supporting various third party software
• Understanding of basic networking and network troubleshooting
• Working knowledge of ServiceNow
• Comfortable working with both PC and Mac platforms across a variety of operating systems (including Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra for mac; Windows 7 and Windows 10 for PC
• Minimum 1 year experience supporting a Microsoft Active Directory/Exchange/Office enterprise environment (medium to large office)
• Previous experience of supporting Apple hardware and software (MacBook, iPad, iPhone, Keynote, Mac OS, iOS)
• Previously worked as part of a team, collaborating effectively with colleagues and team members across IT
• Associate degree, with a focus on technology or music.
• ITIL V3 Foundation certification or equivalent experience
• Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) or Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), or equivalent demonstrable experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.