Content Development Representative
Universal Music GroupChicago, IL
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group is currently seeking a College & Lifestyle Marketing Representative in Chicago specializing in Content Development. The College Marketing Reps play an extremely important role in the development of Universal Music's emerging artists as well as some of the most well-known artists in the music industry today. The ideal candidate not only has top notch videography and editing skills, but is a key tastemaker that is heavily involved in many campus and community activities. They should build and maintain relationships with other trendsetters at lifestyle, around campus, and online to maximize exposure and create opportunities for UMG's artists.
The College & Lifestyle Marketing Rep position is an incredible way to learn the landscape of the music business, and, most importantly, gain real marketing and content development experience while still in college.
• Work with UMG labels and the College & Lifestyle team to conceive and create engaging video content that targets the 18-24 demographic.
• Content may include live performance footage, interviews with artists, personality pieces, and more to be packaged for artist websites, social media channels, media placement, and more.
• Create marketing plans for various promotions on campus and at local lifestyle and music retail accounts.
• Establish relationships with activity committees, on-campus clubs, influential leaders, trendsetters and tastemakers in order to secure outlets for artist marketing ideas, events and programs
• Maintain a database of lifestyle accounts for promotional opportunities
• Assist with in-store signings, merchandising venues, and store promotions
• Provide advance market setup for tour dates coming through assigned market, attend shows, and provide recaps.
• Cross promote and coordinate events with Universal Music artists and 3rdparty lifestyle brands
• Pitch artists' content for College Media (press/radio/blogs) coverage and placement.
• Scout & submit musical talent for Universal signing consideration
• Must be able to work 20 hours per week
• Must have film/editing skills and access to equipment/software
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Attend shows and events coming through assigned market
• Outgoing creative thinker
• Online social networking skills required
• Ties with school organizations and the local creative community is essential to this role
• Knowledge and passion of multiple musical genres
• Strong work ethic and marketing skills required
• College Enrollment with a minimum of at least two years (four semesters) left before anticipated graduation date required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.