Compensation & Benefits Specialist
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/1/2016 4:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Compensation & Benefits Specialist jobs in Woodland Hills-CA
Search all Compensation & Benefits Specialist postings
Full Time Job
Job Summary: As a member of the Compensation and Benefits Department, provides administrative and project support to Benefits and Compensation team and customer service and support to employees. Creates compensation and benefits-related correspondences, statements and reports for HR Management and participates as an active team member in compensation and benefits-related projects. Manage several Human Resources databases and applications. Assists employees with questions related to benefit and compensation programs, tuition reimbursement and leaves of absence. Performs annual testing of the department's internal controls and maintains compliance narratives.
• Assists employees with issues related to Health and Welfare and Retirement plans. Responds to employee calls, researches employee issues with third party administrators, vendors, and carriers and recommends appropriate action to employee/HR management.
• Supports compensation and benefits managers in the preparation of salary and benefits survey response and reports, and in the analysis of published salary and benefits survey reports.
• Assists in the annual pay increase and bonus processes. Assists in the preparation of spreadsheets and communications.
• Assists Compensation and Benefits staff in the preparation and reconciliation of complex reports, spreadsheets, presentations, statements and correspondences. Assists in the preparation and maintenance
of employee communications and materials related to compensation and benefits.
• Manages UMG's tuition reimbursement program. Reviews and maintains reimbursement forms and processes requests for reimbursement.
• Maintains human resources databases and applications and troubleshoots issues.
• Acts as point person for all compensation and benefits updates to the HR intranet. Works closely with IT to ensure that information is accurate.
• Coordinates and reconciles department billing and processes invoices for payment. Tracks payment requests through UniPort system.
• Assists Benefits Manager with administration of Retirement Benefits, including: reviewing inbound files and reports, and funding.
• Acts as key team member of the annual enrollment process for our employee share offering program. This includes working with various locations to market the program, receiving, tracking and auditing enrollment documentation and answering employee questions.
• Reviews and updates HR compliance narratives, completes walkthroughs for internal controls in preparation for audits. Attends to internal and external audit requests.
• Prepares quarterly statements for Non-Qualified Plans such as Deferred Compensation and SERP.
• Manages and maintains benefits and compensation information and updates process manuals.
• Maintains and orders benefits supplies and communication material.
• Assists with preparation and execution of Annual Benefits Enrollment.
• Assists with projects and initiatives as required.
• A working knowledge of Benefits and Compensation practices and principles. Exceptional skills in Excel and proficient in Word and PowerPoint. Technical and detailed oriented a must. Working knowledge of PeopleSoft desired. Must possess team and service orientation attitude; critical thinking; systems skills, effective time management and project management; interacts with diplomacy and confidentiality.
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years of compensation and benefits experience.
• Degree in a related discipline from a four-year college, or equivalent related seminars, classroom training and experience, a plus.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.