College Lifestyle & Marketing Representative
Universal Music GroupLouisville, KY
This was removed by the employer on 2/16/2017 10:57:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for College Lifestyle & Marketing Representative jobs in Louisville-KY
Search all College Lifestyle & Marketing Representative postings
Full Time Job
A. Job Summary:
Universal Music Group is currently seeking an Alternative/Multi Genre College & Lifestyle Marketing Representative for the Louisville area. The College Marketing Reps play an extremely important role in the development of Universal Music's developing Alternative and Multi Genre artists as well as some of the most well-known artists in the music industry today. The ideal College Marketing Rep is a key tastemaker that is heavily involved in many campus and community activities. They should build and maintain relationships with other trendsetters at lifestyle, around campus, and online to maximize exposure and create opportunities for UMG's artists.
The College Rep position is an incredible way to learn the landscape of the music business, gain marketing and advertising experience and, most importantly, take that first step in establishing themselves in the music industry.
B. Job Functions:
• Target the 18-24 demographic and all local colleges to maximize visibility for artists' content, releases, and tour dates.
• Create marketing plans for various promotions on campus and at local lifestyle and music retail accounts.
• Establish relationships with activity committees, on-campus clubs, influential leaders, trendsetters and tastemakers in order to secure outlets for artist marketing ideas, events and programs
• Maintain a database of lifestyle accounts for promotional opportunities
• Assist with in-store signings, merchandising venues, and store promotions
• Provide advance market setup for tour dates coming through assigned market, attend shows, and provide recaps.
• Cross promote and coordinate events with Universal Music artists and 3rdparty lifestyle brands
• Pitch artists' content for College Media (press/radio/blogs) coverage and placement.
• Scout & submit musical talent for Universal signing consideration
C. Job Requirements:
• Must be able to work 20 hours per week
• Attend shows coming through assigned market
• Brand marketing experience a plus
• Jr. A&R (Artist & Repertoire) experience a plus
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Outgoing creative thinker
• Online social networking skills required
• Ties with school organizations and activities preferred
• Knowledge and passion of multiple musical genres
• Strong work ethic and marketing skills required
• College Enrollment with a minimum of at least two years (four semesters) left before anticipated graduation date
• Must have access to a car, computer and camera.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.