College Lifestyle & Marketing Representative - Hampton, Va.
Universal Music GroupHerndon, VA
This was removed by the employer on 12/31/2016 4:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for College Lifestyle & Marketing Representative - Hampton, Va. jobs in Herndon-VA
Search all College Lifestyle & Marketing Representative - Hampton, Va. postings
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group is currently seeking an Urban College & Lifestyle Publicity Representative based in Hampton, VA. Though based in Hampton, this position will manage press outreach to all HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges and Universities) nationally. The College Publicity Reps play an extremely important role in the development of Universal Music's developing Urban and Pop artists as well as some of the most well-known artists in the music industry today. The ideal College Publicity Rep is a key tastemaker that is heavily involved in many campus activities and media outlets. They should build and maintain relationships with other trendsetters at lifestyle, around campus, and online to maximize exposure and create opportunities for UMG's artists. The College Rep position is an incredible way to learn the landscape of the music business, gain publicity, marketing, and advertising experience and, most importantly, take that first step in establishing themselves in the music industry.
• Pitch story ideas, arrange and facilitate artist interviews with student radio, print and online media
• Establish relationships with activity committees, on-campus clubs, local college media, influential leaders, trendsetters and tastemakers in order to secure outlets for artist marketing ideas, events, and programs
• Create marketing and publicity plans for various promotions on campus and at local lifestyle and music retail accounts.
• Target the 18-24 demographic and all local colleges to maximize visibility for artists' content, releases, and tour dates.
• Maintain a database of lifestyle accounts and media outlets for promotional opportunities
• Provide advance market setup for tour dates coming through assigned market, attend shows, and provide recaps.
• Cross promote and coordinate events with Universal Music artists and 3rd party lifestyle brands
• Must be able to work 20 hours per week
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Attend shows coming through assigned market
• Publicity driven with a keen sense of news and trends
• Brand marketing experience a plus
• Outgoing creative thinker
• Online social networking skills required
• Understanding of the HBCU (Historically Black Colleges and Universities) landscape
• Ties with school organizations and activities preferred
• Knowledge and passion of multiple musical genres
• Strong work ethic and marketing skills required
• College Enrollment with a minimum of at least two years (four semesters) left before anticipated graduation date
• Must have access to a car, computer and camera.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.