Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
UMG Credit department oversees and manages all the credit and collections activities of the largest music company in the U.S. It has historically prided itself in best in class services in collecting income for the company’s businesses – it’s labels and it’s artists commercial assets – digital, physical, streaming, while maintaining the best relationships with its commercial partners. The Credit department is transitioning to be located closer to the UMG main office campus in the Los Angeles area, moving its base from Indianapolis to Woodland Hills to better partner with UMG labels and central services, including Interscope, Capitol, Ume, UMLE, and Commercial Services. We are looking for great talent to join the company in this exciting chapter of the music business.
We are seeking a Claims Analyst who will be responsible for the researching and processing of claims. The Senior Claims Analyst maintains an excellent working relationship with stakeholders of multiple departments as necessary to gather information for the purpose of resolving customer claims. They will work with the Manager as well as Senior Management to resolve special challenges. The closest relationship is with the Credit Staff but this role will also work loosely with customers and freight companies as well.
• Research customers claims and make decisions to determine if UMG should deny the claim or make a billing adjustment for pricing errors and shipment discrepancies deferring more complex issues to the credit management.
• Prepare paperwork for billing adjustments and, if necessary, follow up with correspondence to the customer
• File claims with trucking company for lost or damaged product
• Travel to accounts when necessary to assist Credit staff with reconciliation meetings
• Act as a liaison between junior claims staff and Credit Manager. Give direction to junior staff when necessary
• Assist Credit staff with claims reporting, special projects, return reconciliation and trouble shooting
• Exceptional Problem solving skills
• Computer skills including knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing
• Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written)
• 3 Years claims processing experience within media/entertainment, retail, manufacturing or similar industries with an emphasis on chargebacks and deductions.
• AA or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.