Business Development Manager
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/13/2016 5:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Business Development Manager jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Business Development Manager postings
Full Time Job
Founded in January 2011, Fame House is an award-winning digital strategy agency with offices in Philadelphia, New York and Los Angeles that's built to uniquely serve the needs of the modern entertainment industry. Fame House's early foresight into crafting services around the new opportunities of connecting artists and fans online led them to help establish a new key role within the music ecosystem serving artists alongside labels, management companies, event companies and agents.
In its five-year history, Fame House has experienced a steep growth trajectory in both employee and client numbers thanks to its excellent reputation servicing music industry clientele like Eminem, Pearl Jam, Tiesto and Ice Cube. Now that FH has established itself as the authority
on music industry digital marketing and merchandising, the agency is poised to bring its expertise to other Sports and Entertainment verticals. This role is for someone who is addicted to networking and closing business within the Sports and Entertainment industries. The Business Development Manager is focused on closing new business and growing relationships to sell Digital Marketing, Creative and Merchandising services. You will be highly visible within the Sports and Entertainment industries, cultivating and maintaining Executive level contacts at Management Companies, Talent Agencies, Startups and Entertainment related companies. The BDM will collaborate with a dedicated pitch team to customize proposals and presentations that make strong impressions. Fame House has a proven approach to closing business for individual client services, but the BDM will also be encouraged to craft creative enterprise level partnerships with support from the VP of Business Development, CEO and CMO.
• Sales: Calls/Meetings/Presentations, Proposal Oversight, Negotiations, Meeting Quotas
• Business Development: Prospecting, Networking, Partnerships
• Client Relations: Onboarding, Check-ins, Upselling
• Knowledge and understanding of digital marketing and creative services pertaining to the Sports and Entertainment industries.
• Strong writing and presentation skills.
• A consummate team-player who is also entrepreneurial and autonomous.
• A consummate multitasker capable of juggling and prioritizing high deal flow.
• A high level of comfort with cold calling and emailing.
• Ability to develop and maintain a lead generation system to exceed sales objectives.
• Ongoing familiarity with industry news.
• A good listener-ability to uncover client pain-points by asking the right questions.
• A high level of comfort negotiating service agreements.
• Willingness to follow proven business development systems in order to maximize efficiency within the Sales Department. Experience:
• 5 years of business development and/or digital marketing experience within Sports and Entertainment verticals.
• A proven Los Angeles-based rolodex.
• Bachelor's degree in business preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.