Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
The “Enterprise Services” Business Analyst will be responsible for understanding end to end exchanges between IT applications. She/he will be the bridge between Business requirements and technical design. In this role, the Business Analyst will be working closely with other application business analysts and translating requirements for an offshore development team to execute against. This position will also work directly with project teams and business representatives to fully understand data requirements.
The candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of EAI/ETL best practices and the ability to design and implement consistent solutions across the territories.
This position will be working primarily with integration to and from Finance and Supply Chain systems and so a good understanding of the finance domain (primarily SAP) and physical supply chain domains (sales order processing systems) would be a distinct advantage.
The Enterprise Services Business Analyst must be able to demonstrate the ability to produce design and specification documents. She/he must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to document and present solutions to both business and IT audiences.|
• Collecting and analyzing business requirements and transferring the same knowledge to development team
• Evaluating the data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys and workshops
• Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents
• Influencing processes to harmonize interfaces across territories and maintain a Global design per functional domain (SOP, payroll, etc.).
• Communicating effectively with business and project management
• Obtaining sign-off from the appropriate client
• Designing and executing the test scripts and test scenarios using HP Quality Center solution
• Assisting groups of business unit who test, validate and determine issues
• Maintain documentation in Corporate Enterprise Architecture tool
• Providing a level 3 support in case of production failure (must be exceptional)
• Good knowledge of SAP and the finance domain
• Good knowledge of Physical Supply Chain domain
• Basic knowledge of Linux
• Ability to translate requirements for an offshore development team
• 5 years’ experience in a Business Analyst capacity
• Experience with Integration projects
• Experience working with of Java / Mulesoft
• Master's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or closely related field or comparable education and experience typically obtained by solid work experience
• Proven experience in IT projects
• Experience in Business Analysis functions or equivalent
• Hands-on experience in EAI/ETL
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.