Bravado Business Director - Asia
Universal Music GroupHong Kong, HK
Full Time Job
• Asia or Australia based opportunity.
• Relocation support on offer.
• Be part of the global leading music-based entertainment company.
• Work with world leading fashion retailers.
• Newly created opportunity with endless commercial impact and career potential.
Are you a fashion/retail Sales professional thinking about your next big career move?
Bravado is at the forefront of one of the fastest-growing phenomenons in the fashion world - music merchandise. As a subsidiary of the world’s leading music-based entertainment company, Universal Music Group, Bravado is the no. 1 provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands globally. With access to the most iconic and influential music artists, Bravado connects brands and retailers with music to create special fashion collections, unique in store experiences and profitable brand partnerships.
We are looking for a Business Director to join the expanding Asia Pacific Bravado team. This brand new opportunity is an opportunity like no other, to leverage a globally successful brand within a market that is yet to be fully commercially explored. As the Business Director, you will be in the impactful position of driving plans in key markets across Asia. You will partner at the strategic level with the General Manager, Asia Pacific, to formulate programmes for dissemination across Asia to deliver growth and revenue targets. Working with leading international fashion retailers, this position comes attached with the opportunity to influence music history, creating and delivering unique, memorable products that connect fans to artists.
The position requires relevant Asia sales experience within a fashion retail or licensing environment.
What you’ll do:
• Deliver sales growth in Asia through the execution of business plans in line with Bravado global strategy.
• Collaborate with Head of Bravado to develop scalable programs for execution across Asia region.
• Engage Asia regional resources on local level execution of programs and deliver on revenue KPI’s. Direct the workflows and prioritisation within markets.
• Lead, mentor, train and develop resources and excite them about Bravado opportunities.
• Identify new retail and licensing opportunities with traditional and non-traditional partners.
• Act as a business partner to buying teams, understanding their requirements and presenting compelling, mutually profitable opportunities.
• Collaborate with Product Development and Sourcing teams to ensure product offerings are in line with market trends and demand.
Who you are:
• Sales Professional with solid working experience in Asia, within a fashion retail or licensing environment with proves success delivering on high growth targets.
• Strong understanding of product development, pricing, trends, buying cycles, seasons and production/manufacturing.
• Competent with financials, P&L management and formulating strategies linked to revenue KPI’s.
• Entrepreneurial and innovative, able to deliver creative and visionary retail initiatives.
• Outstanding relationship building and influencing skills.
• Competent mentor, coach and people manager.
• Highly resilient with a “never give up” attitude.
• Superb communication skills, cultural sensitivity and ability to navigate different markets.
• Flexible / available for frequent travel in Asia.
• Fluent in English and Chinese languages.
Bravado is the industry leader in brand management of music and entertainment merchandise. Bravado is a full-service product and brand activation company with international experience and reach.
Founded in New York in 1997 and sold to Universal ten years later, Bravado boasts an impressive footprint in the USA and now operates in 40 countries worldwide. Currently in partnership with some of the world’s largest retailers such as Zara, H&M and Urban Outfitters, Bravado’s extensive global distribution network gives artists the opportunity to create even deeper connections with their fans around the world.
Bravado Australasia’s success and rapidly expanding brand footprint within the Asian, Australian and New Zealand markets are testament that music branded merchandise resonate with both the fan and the style conscious consumer. Bravado brands are distributed throughout major fashion retailers, music stores and e-retailers. Bravado represents the hottest A-list rock, iconic and music legend brands such as; The Rolling Stones, Kanye West, 5 Seconds Of Summer, Guns N Roses and Run DMC.
Being a part of the Universal Music Group provides Bravado the scale, strength and marketing power of the world’s no. 1 music company.