Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Job Summary: Bravado is the leading global provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Part of Universal Music Group, the leader in music-based entertainment, Bravado represents artists in more than 40 cities and provides services including sales, licensing, branding, marketing and e-commerce. Their extensive global distribution network gives artists and brands the opportunity to create deeper connections with their fans through apparel, consumer packaged goods and unique brand experiences.
Bravado works closely with new and established clients to create innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Clients include The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Bob Marley, Run DMC, Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga, Metallica and Guns N' Roses, among many others.
Bravado is currently looking for a Brand Manager who will work with the unique needs and challenges of our clients to deliver full service, on or off-site marketing support in a variety of categories including strategic planning, sales, finance, insights,
operations, innovation, product management, and creative development.
Day-to-Day Operations Responsibilities
• Own the development and implementation of the merchandising operational program and associated marketing initiatives for  artists on the Bravado roster, including line development, creative identity, style guides, etc
• Ownership of the brand's P&L in a marketing driven organization
• Define vision, mission, goals and strategy for each roster artist
• Oversee development of creative materials for artist roster
• Liaise with label and artist management to develop merchandising strategies resulting in best revenue opportunities
• Work with label marketing and direct-to-consumer teams to develop integrated marketing campaigns around artists
• Develop and execute non-traditional marketing campaigns around artist merchandise
• Develop and test new product concepts
• Monitor and analyze business metrics in order to optimize product line and maximize commercial opportunity, including artist-level financial performance
• Management oversight of product manager and creative director to execute marketing and creative strategies for artists
• Work closely with production, sales and touring departments to develop product lines and ensure that artist campaigns and strategies are executed to the highest standards
• Ensure all materials are consistent with strategy, on time and within budget, legally compliant
• Develop artist brand standards and usage guidelines
• Oversee the development of existing and potential client presentation materials
• Demonstrated capability driving growth through innovation, successfully leading new product launch design and implementation
• Proven track record of consumer engagement planning, innovative thinking, program development and execution and a strategic approach to brand building programs
• Overall leadership and management of brand growth through sound strategic thinking and excellence in execution
• Knowledge of delivering memorable brand experiences, social media campaigns, advertising campaigns, media planning and brand tracking tools
• Experience in multi-cultural marketing
• Foster and develop a strong partnership with the client Experience:
• 7 years of experience with brand planning and marketing support
• Experience in managing innovation and new product development
• 5 years' experience owning and tracking P&L and budget items with emphasis on ROI
• Independent self-starter, flexible comfortable working in unstructured environment, and able to manage multiple priorities effortlessly
• Excellent communication skills verbal/writing, meetings and presentations
• Team player with collaborative style and good listening skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel and Powerpoint Education:
• Bachelor's Degree Preffered
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.