Associate Director, Training & Communications, Digital Operations
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an Associate Director, Training and Communications in our Digital Operations group that globally supports UMG’s owned and associated labels to set up new releases; set up, support and manage the ongoing delivery of new releases and catalogue to business partners; and drives the introduction of new processes, product types, services with a continuous improvement focus. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible and oversee all aspects of global training and communications and help drive overall service and support improvement.
• Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of Global Supply Chain tools and processes
• Conduct needs assessment by reviewing variety of training methods including documentation, videos, workshops, etc and confer with managers to agree tools and plan to document training materials
• Design, develop, and facilitate interactive and engaging workshops and webinars covering GSC solution
• Develop and maintain a structure for the storage and knowledge share of all end to end GSC training materials (internal to digital operations and external to key users of GSC)
• Create and make necessary revisions to training materials and actively review to assess where training is needed; including:
• The end to end process flow for submission, ingestion, updates and delivery to facilitate digital distribution to business partner
• The process flows associated with internal workflow within digital operations
• In collaboration with business partner managers and commercial partnerships, ensure there is an understanding of how to set up and deliver content to meet partners services
• When changes occur in GSC platform
• Document and maintain communications to key points of contact to support labels throughout the lifecycle of GSC
• Continuedly gather feedback on how things are working, how we can improve within our service offering and how we are supporting our key stake holders globally; make recommendations and work to implement where adopted
• Organize and execute training outreach for labels and within the department
• Maintain distribution groups for department communications at all levels
• Collate and distribute newsletters on key focus areas agreed with management
• Participate in the testing for new GSC features communicate when ready to be use to GSC stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, often regarding complex issues with people at all levels within the business
• Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and time/project management skills.
• Solutions and results driven, conscientious, with a desire to see a job through to conclusion
• Ability to identify improvements to current working methods and systems and facilitate the implementation of change.
• Maintain overall professionalism with communication, message management and executive interaction
• Accomplished goals through guiding, encouraging and channelling the contribution of others, acting as a catalyst for change and continuous improvement
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work within short timeframes, under pressure
• Good understanding of digital, mobile, and social markets
• Ability to work collaboratively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness
• Strong IT skills: Microsoft Office - intermediate ability and aptitude to pick up new tools to facilitate engagement with stakeholders
• Experience working in digital supply chain and/or digital production / operations.
• Knowledge of key digital formats, digital distribution systems, music and media industries
• Good overall understanding of different roles throughout a recording company
• Experience establishing collaborative relationships in an enterprise setting across different groups and on an international scale
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or other related area
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.