Associate Director, Digital Technology Strategy
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group is currently seeking an Associate Director of Digital Technology Strategy for the Santa Monica location.
This position involves performing technical due diligence on U.S. and international digital deals, formulating technology strategy and policy, and long-range research and development on future products. The position is in Santa Monica, California with the Technology team in UMG's Global Digital Strategy division.
• Perform technical due diligence on companies seeking to license UMG content by reviewing high-level technical documentation
• Formulate and refine technology strategy, policies, and procedures. Document and communicate those policies and procedures within the global UMG organization and with outside companies
• Identify long-range product opportunities or system needs, gather requirements design/propose solutions, and oversee proof-of-concept development
• Monitor music-related technology developments
• Provide technical (non-IT) advice for other divisions within UMG such as government affairs, business/legal affairs, content protection, and labels
• Assist with department and company technical projects as needed
• Familiarity with digital music services, digital music formats and technologies, digital distribution and content protection technologies, general technology trends
• Expertise in major operating systems, databases, and programming languages for mobile, desktop, and server platforms
• Familiarity with music copyright law
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical approach to problem solving. Must be self-directed and extremely well organized.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
• Ability to keep information confidential
• High level of business acumen required
• Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Some travel required (5-10%)
• Software development and technical product management
• Technology leadership/strategy
• Technical documentation writing and review experience
• International business experience a plus
• Familiarity/fluency in multiple languages a plus
• Music or entertainment industry experience a plus
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
• MBA preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.