Application Support Analyst
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking a creative and exceptionally resourceful and analytical team player who enjoys working in a fast paced environment. The analyst will be responsible for supporting many applications across many business domains with varying degrees of complexity in requests
or issues. They will take a lead role in troubleshooting, directly delivering services, coordinating resolution or escalating to the next level. The position requires experience and skill in, among other things, analysis, ability to simplify, communicate, concisely articulate, puzzle solving, negotiating, providing practical evidence, as well as a deep functional understanding of all aspects of the application in order to provide resolution or escalation.
• In depth troubleshooting and forensic analysis to trace data from one system to another taking business and system rules into consideration
• Conduct impact analysis and comprehensive, clear communications based on functional understanding of the applications and interfacing systems
• Coordination between multiple resolving agencies including but not limited to development teams, infrastructure teams and multiple vendors
• Direct resolution of service requests and incidents or escalation after validating the incident requires a bug fix/code change
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven customer service delivery based on ability to problem solve, digest and analyse a request or issue and time management
• Ability to prioritize, multi task and switch between requests quickly and smoothly
• Superb interpersonal and organizational skills working effectively under pressure and as part of a team
• Advanced skills in SQL including scripting
• 3 – 5 years hands on advanced application support
• 1 years experience in software development life cycle
• Good level of understanding in windows, general desktop, network and server technologies
• Experience in supporting integrated systems and custom built applications
• Undergraduate degree in computer science, business or other relevant field. (5 years significant industry experience can be substituted)
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.