Administrator, NA Admin Services
Universal Music GroupFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
UMPG is looking for a highly organized, bright and motivated data-oriented junior analyst to work as part of its North American Administration Team. This person must be capable of accurately processing and handling large amounts of data as well as research requests.
The person will be skilled at processing, gathering and presenting data in an organized manner with an eye for detail so as to identify data trends and anomalies in the data. The ability to work to timelines and successfully deal with ad hoc requests is essential.
• Support the NA Administration team in all aspects of the work to develop their copyright and royalty data management, performance metrics capabilities from UMP systems to meet the needs of the business
• Research requests for business information for both internal (e.g. A&R and Legal) and external (e.g. writers, managers, collection societies) customers
• Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as required in response to changing business requirements.
• Fast and accurate data-entry with attention to detail and understanding of how that data affects the value-chain
• Ability or capable of learning quickly how to perform research and analysis of issues to provide useful information and insight
• Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into meaningful analysis and insights to help support and explain the activities and performance of the NA Administration Team
• Comfortable dealing with complex numerical calculations and to manipulate and professionally present data
• Solid skills in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, and very comfortable at learning customised systems. Advanced data manipulation and comparison via Excel.
• A collaborative team member able to work with the team manager, team co-ordinators and colleagues in the NA and Global Administration Teams
• Open-minded, flexible and cooperative with the ability to prioritize so that client needs are met consistently
• Responds appropriately to direction regarding deadlines, deliverables, key performance indicators and service levels
• Work towards team/department/company objectives and takes pride in meeting targets and satisfying internal and external customers
• Sets priorities and plans workload efficiently. Consults Team Co-ordinators and managers where appropriate to recommend solutions, solve problems and complete tasks and projects to deadlines
• Ability to escalate issues appropriately in a timely and professional manner
• Experience in the music publishing industry is helpful but not required, a willingness to learn the detail of the business and it’s process is important
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.